Skills: Operations Management
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Job Title: Operations Support Technician
Ref No: 16141
Location: Dunlin Alpha Platform - Offshore
Start Date: 27/02/2020
Worley is currently recruiting for a Operations Support Technician.
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate to join our offshore team on the Dunlin Alpha Platform - Offshore
Key aims and objectives:
- To operate and maintain all subsea and topside plant, utilities equipment and systems in a safe and efficient manner under the direction of the Shift Supervisor and will include the role of Control Room Operator (CRO)
To ensure operations support functions are delivered within safety guidelines and procedures. To act on the instruction of the Shift Supervisor
To ensure assigned Maintenance activities are completed on time and for those assigned to the Control Room that all emergency response requirements are adhered to.
- Operate subsea and topsides process plant in support of Well abandonment or Make Safe operations, utilities and equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Monitor and record plant conditions, bringing deviations or malfunctions to the attention of the Shift Supervisor
- Maintaining critical treatments and chemical supplies
- Prepare process plant and equipment for maintenance by applying specified isolations/venting etc
Prior to start-up of any plant or equipment, inspect and confirm suitability to return to normal service
Maintain own work area in a safe, clean and tidy condition
Carry out process system sampling and sample testing as required
Carry out regular inspections of the installation
Perform Routine planned and corrective maintenance as directed by the Shift Supervisor.
Carry out mechanical isolations, gas tests and work-site inspections
Prepare critical handovers
Carrying out emergency response duties
General utilities duties/bunkering of diesel/water as instructed by Shift Supervisor or Control Room Operator
Take part in Risk Assessment, trouble-shooting and fault-finding activities as requested by Shift Supervisor
Additional responsibilities for those performing CRO function.
Administrative functions with respect to control and issue of ISSOW
Administrative duties associated with regulatory reporting. (example, discharge logs)
Monitor Fire & Gas Panel and react to any alarms in line with ER procedures.
Communicate with in field vessels on an as and when required basis.
Monitor any process equipment that has fluids in it
Monitor all running plant.
Perform additional admin duties as directed by the Shift Supervisor.
All candidates should hold the following Qualifications & certification:
Technical apprenticeship or process operators training scheme
OR : Technical qualification as process plant operator, ideally at HNC level, with NVQ/SVQ Level 2, plus offshore process operations experience
OR : in lieu of formal technical qualifications, candidate may offer substantial experience and proven track record of consistently good performance in an offshore operations role, with significant experience of operating or maintaining a complex hydrocarbon producing facility
Mandatory offshore certificates
Capability to perform allocated emergency duties
Ideally, candidates will also have the following experience:
- Comprehensive offshore process operations experience
- Control Room Experience
- ER Experience
- Good knowledge of process and utility systems
- Good knowledge of the installation Fire & Gas and ESD system function and operation
- Fully familiar with the control of work system and other safety related procedures
- Computer literate
- Report writing skills
- Awareness of hydrocarbon hazards
- Good communication skills