Skills: Marine Supervisor
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Cape Coast, Central, Ghana
We are currently looking for a Marine Advisor for our activities in Ghana to manage the marine service in an efficient, effective and safe way in compliance with Marine Manual and HSE procedure. Assisting in plan vessel operational requirements in coordination with the line managers, logistics team, contractors, and Vessel operators. Managing properly the marine vessels guarantying proper auditing/inspections and follow up activities verifying the timely closing of any corrective action
The Key responsibilities are:
- Conduct all marine activities in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with the Company's policies and procedures, legislative safety directives and rules and provide advice on marine matters and policy.
- Assist in assessing vessel suitability for work scopes in accordance with project and regional marine standards
- Supervise vessel activities carried out in the shorebase
- Monitor vessel performance and conformance, contractor and vessel operator performance to ensure that all relevant requirements are complied with in terms of eni procedures and practices, Classification Society and State Marine Administration requirements
- Perform regular vessel visits to monitor standards and carry out formal audits and inspections.
- Liaise with vessel Masters
- Fosters seamanship learning, the sharing of knowledge and continuous improvement.
- Carry out Annual Appraisals on all officers in Eni Ghana chartered vessels. Follow up with interim reviews of tasks set and ensure adequate progress. Ensure that regular appraisals are completed for all sea staff.
- Schedule, plan, prepare, manage and supervise various offshore marine operations by providing marine support for DP operations, rig move operations, towing and offshore buoy maintenance, liaising with line management and client departments as appropriate.
- Deliver technical and operational support, tender, marine procedures, port regulations, general marine instructions.
- Provide specialist Marine support to Drilling, Projects, Logistics, Sub-sea Engineers and other clients as required.
Fixed Term, International.
- Education: Marine Captain or Class 1 Engineer certificate
- Extensive experience and knowledge of a wide range of offshore activities
- Minimum 10 years Oil and Gas Industry Experience,
- Good awareness of industry/transportation trends, philosophies, best practice etc...
- Experience in Lifting operations
- Knowledge of marine suppliers
- Fully conversant with marine management systems
- Fully conversant with HSE requirements
- Familiar with problems/interfaces with all Marine Transport Services
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, email, main internet browser)
- Naval Technical English verbal and writing skills at professional level. Italian desirable.
- Flexibility to adjust working schedule to the availability of the vessel schedule
- Problem solver and able to identify opportunities.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship
- Promote a positive culture in relation to safety
Welcome to Eni – and your future with a dynamic global business that operates across the entire energy supply chain. Eni’s 30,000 employees can be found on virtually every continent. Throughout the 67 countries we operate in, we work on some of the most significant energy projects in the world.
Our activities span oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity, fuels and chemical products.
We’ve grown dramatically since our beginnings in 1953, but we’ve stayed true to our roots in many ways. Today we may be one of the largest companies in Italy and among the world’s most successful oil and gas companies in exploration, but our culture remains genuinely people-focused. Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations.
As for the future, we’re adapting to rapidly shifting market conditions as we complete our transformation into a fully integrated oil and gas company. Through our strong commitment to digitalisation and decarbonisation, Eni will continue to create sustainable value within this changing energy landscape.
We’re not only one of the world’s most successful energy companies — we pride ourselves on being a dynamic and exciting place to work as well. If you join us, you’ll play a key role in shaping the energies of the future.
At Eni you’ll enjoy a progressive, inclusive and forward-thinking environment, and a wide range of benefits and rewards. We care about our people's growth, which is why we invest in talent and offer development pathways to give everyone the same opportunity to flourish with us.
Reasons to join us
- Take on exciting challenges: Eni's focus is on big and ambitious projects. You'll take on challenging but rewarding work to help us extract energy at depths never reached before.
- A multicultural working environment: You’ll join a dynamic setting with cutting-edge facilities, the latest technology, and a rich and interesting mix of people from all backgrounds and specialisms.
- Make a difference in the world: Our purpose extends further than supplying energy to power the world. Sustainable development and respect for the environment is at the heart of everything that we do.
- Training and career growth: We provide training opportunities at the highest standard and encourage self-development, both in a personal capacity and a professional one.
- Compensation and incentive programmes: We reward you for your commitment and success through our competitive compensation policy, which is bespoke to each location’s local regulations.
- Pension programmes: Depending on your location, you could enrol in one of our contributory pension programmes.