Skills: Field Service Tech
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Richmond, California, United States
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of High Pressure Process Center Operatorlocated in Richmond, CA California /United Statesthrough February 20,2020 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Operates complex distillation and process laboratory equipment maintaining round-the-clock operations under the direction of the supervisor/lead operator.
- Laboratory equipment includes large and small reactors, research units, high pressure separators and distillation columns.
- Operating at elevated temperatures, high pressure and atmospheric pressure.
- Full participation in Operational Excellence individually, on your crew and the Experimental System Unit team.
- Work schedule: 12-hour shifts rotating between day shift and graveyard on a refinery operations schedule
- Operates process units, utility systems, and related equipment in accordance with the requests of research scientists and engineers with oversight of the shift supervisor or lead operator.
- Ensures equipment is properly inspected to detect any unsafe or improperly functioning equipment.
- Follows the work of new experiments, new additions or changes to process units and house systems to assure adherence to safe work practices
- Provides support in sample handling activities for research for internal and external customers and other internal labs.
- Meets OE objectives and milestones.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years Research Unit and/or Laboratory Operations experience.
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform maintenance repairs (mechanically inclined)
- Must be able to meet all physical requirements of the job including climbing stairs and working on top of product storage tanks over 20 feet high and lift 30-35 pounds.
- Richmond Operations Process or P-Tech school (Refinery Operator Training) experience/attendance
- Experience with chemicals, heavy oil and distillate research or related materials
- Knowledge of electrical systems
- Basic knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and an aptitude for learning new Computer Base Training Packages
- Strong communication skills
- Strong commitment
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with key Chevron colleagues outside their immediate work group.
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at email@example.com .
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.