Skills: Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Clamart, Île-de-France, France
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for ensuring the delivery of products in line with the Production Plan, in collaboration with the Workshop Technicians and under the supervision of the Production manager. For that purpose, he/she independently collaborates with the workshop teams as well as sub-contractors for the resolution of in-process failures either during the assembly or test process. His/her role is key to the organization since he/she works in close collaboration with Engineering and Sustaining teams to review and introduce new technologies into the manufacturing process. Finally, he/she contributes to the continuous improvement of our technologies by identifying weak design/processes through failure investigation or return of experience and propose improvement plans.
He/she needs to get a full picture of Manufacturing process, and interacts with all department of the center and other centers worldwide
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
The Manufacturing Support engineer is responsible for:
- Answering waiver requests from suppliers
- Auditing the critical processes and proposing improvements to Engineering, Sustaining and Manufacturing.
- Improving and challenging the design of test set-ups used for production.
- Reviewing new and improved designs and product files developed by the Engineering and Sustaining teams, in the definition of Engineering Change Implementation plans,
- Approving of Engineering Change Orders, under the supervision of the Production manager.
Quality and continuous improvement
- ensuring that manufacturing technology solutions achieve the required quality, reliability and consistency levels. For that purpose, he/she participates in test failure and inspection weakness resolution with the local workshop as well as sub-contractors following the identification of non-conformances or in process deviations.
- Overseeing the product quality incident failure investigations which consists of performing a full root-cause analysis following a client affected failure
- Performing the immediate cause and root-cause analysis as well as defining the remedial work plan and presenting the results of the investigation to Engineering, Manufacturing and Sustaining management.
Mechanical Engineering degree (Master equivalent) or equivalent combination of higher degree and experience.
Entry level position with a listed technical degree and strong interest in manufacturing activities. Otherwise, a significant background is required in a technical assignment in a manufacturing environment.
Knowledge of electromechanics design and manufacturing processes, including:
- Generic Mechanical knowledge:
- Technical drawing,
- stress analysis, fatigue,
- machining and other manufacturing processes
- System engineering,
- Lean Six sigma would be a plus
- Strong decision making
- Quick learner and adaptable to a big variety of topics/products
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong mentoring/training skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills (French and English)
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.