Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
The role shall require the candidate to take technical ownership for scopes of work associated with OneSubsea's Inspection Maintenance and Repair 'IMR' program as assigned by the IMR Program Manager. These scopes will pertain principally to the uROV Platform, advanced sensor development and digital enablement, with bias toward the former. The nature of the work will be principally mechanical and operational engineering.
The role will require the candidate to be able to work with a reasonable degree of autonomy, coordinating challenging interfaces across the Schlumberger organisation.
The role may require that the candidate travels for internal and external engagements. The candidate may be asked to support occasional and infrequent offshore activity, though it is stressed that this is a shore-based role.
* An engineering degree in a mechanically biased discipline at the level of bachelors or higher (Eg: Mechanical, Aeronautical, Automotive, Oil and Gas).
* Strong experience in the fields of mechanical design and lifting for the subsea offshore industry.
* Strong experience in the authoring and reviewing of technical documentation associated with equipment testing/qualification, operation and maintenance for the subsea offshore industry.
* Experience of typical subtractive, welding and additive manufacturing techniques.
* Strong experience in the authoring and reviewing of technical drawing.
* Strong familiarity with typical design codes and standards associated with technology developed for the subsea offshore industry. Examples inclusive, but not limited to the following:
o API Spec. RP 17A (ISO 13628-1), Petroleum and Natural Gas Industries - Design and Operation of Subsea Production Systems - Part 1: General Requirements and Recommendations
o API Spec. 17D (ISO 13628-4), Petroleum and Natural Gas Industries - Design and Operation of Subsea Production Systems - Part 4: Subsea Wellhead and Tree Equipment
o API Spec. RP 17H (ISO 13628-8), Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV) Interfaced on Subsea Production Systems
o DNVGL-ST-271, Offshore Containers
o DNVGL-ST-272, Offshore Service Modules
o DNVGL-ST-273, Portable Offshore Units
o DNVGL-RP-C205, Environmental Conditions and Environmental Loads
o DNVGL-ST-0378, Standard for offshore and platform lifting appliances
o Lloyd's Register Code for Lifting Appliances in a Marine Environment
o Machinery Directive 2006/4/EC with experience of CE marking for shore-based lifts
* Experience of working in a fast-paced new product development 'NPD' environment.
* Experience of engineering techniques and tools to support the development of new technology.
* Experience of typical industry recognised tools for the assessment of risk (Eg: FMECA, HAZID, HAZOP).
* Strong familiarity with MS Office applications.
* Working knowledge of engineering analysis packages (Eg: MathCAD, Mathematica, Maple).
* Working knowledge of 2D CAD packages (Eg. Autodesk Autocad).
* Working knowledge of 3D CAD packages (Eg: Autodesk Inventor, Creo, solidworks).
* Working knowledge of finite element analysis packages in the domain of elastic structural analysis (Eg: Ansys Workbench)
It would be beneficial if the candidate has experience of the following:
* Remotely Operated Vehicle 'ROV' technology and operations.
* Subsea survey technology and operations.
* Autonomous subsea vehicle development.
* Design codes associated specifically with subsea autonomous vehicles (Eg: DNVGL-RU-UWT Pt5 Ch8 Autonomous Underwater Vehicles).
* Design codes associated specifically with subsea operations in the Norwegian sector (Eg. Z-015 Norsok, Temporary Equipment).
* Product lifecycle management software packages (Eg. SAP, Teamcenter).
* Prior offshore experience in fields noted.
* Electrical engineering for topside and subsea applications including familiarity with typical codes and standards. Examples inclusive, but not limited to the following:
o 2014/35/EU, Low Voltage Directive
o IEC 60364, General Electrical Installation Standard, Low-voltage Electrical Installations
o IEC 60079, Electrical Apparatus for Explosive Gas Atmosphere
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.