The role of the Seismic Processing Geophysicist
sits within Shell's Geophysics West organization reporting to the Team Lead, Deepwater Development Imaging in Houston.
Geophysics West provides Geophysical Processing and Geo Operations support to the Shell's Upstream and Integrated Gas Lines of Business (LoBs) in the Western Hemisphere, with staff in USA (Houston, New Orleans), Canada (Calgary), and Brazil (Rio de Janeiro).
This position is responsible for executing seismic processing projects delivered by the Deepwater Development Imaging team to Asset Development & Production teams in the Gulf of Mexico and offshore Brazil. This includes timely delivery of products of a quality and cost that meet all business objectives and give Shell a competitive advantage.
- Member of a team responsible for delivery of seismic processing products and services to support Shell's Upstream Deepwater marine activities in Americas, involving NAZ, WAZ, OBS, and 4D seismic data. Maximize business impact by on-time delivery of high quality seismic technologies and products to asset teams.
- Ensure quality control and appropriate application of technology.
- Follow strict Project Management protocols for all seismic processing projects, including project scoping, creation of Project Authorization Forms and Management of Change documents as necessary, project tracking (staff and compute time), archiving, and project close-out
- Maintain effective communication with asset. Understand business objectives and align our work with fit for purpose solutions to meet business needs. Communicate progress and results to customers and partners on a regular agreed-upon basis and conclude with final reports, archival of products, and closeout
- Work within a diverse and sometimes remote team environment
- Interact effectively with seismic survey design, seismic interpreters, and other teams as needed
- Disseminate knowledge via best practice work processes, After Action Reviews, and publication of internal / external technical reports
- Contribute actively and participate in HSSE activities, enabling safe delivery of departmental goals
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals. As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business. Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Must have a degree in Geophysics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, or Applied Mathematics
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience in marine seismic data processing and anisotropic velocity model building
- Preference will be given to staff with OBN, 4D, and advanced Migration experience and skills.
- The candidate must have strong communication skills and be able to interface with staff and clients of diverse backgrounds. Strong ability to interact with remote project team and asset is needed
- Ability to manage/support projects under strict project management framework will be required hence project management skills are essential
- Ability to work and flourish in an ambiguous environment, one in which there will often be no definitive right or wrong answers, only choices. Be able to seek out expert advice when necessary and implement new technologies or workflows
- Geological knowledge is an asset
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.