The Maintenance Engineer (ME) serves as the primary point of contact for area equipment issues, including troubleshooting and routine maintenance job notes. The ME will interact with the Maintenance Superintendents, Maintenance Supervisors, Maintenance Planners, Operations Superintendent, Operations Specialists and Process Engineers for day to day mechanical integrity and reliability issues. They will daily interface with the Reliability Engineer (RE) to provide input into the long-term reliability plan and to incorporate key reliability objectives into routine maintenance work. The ME will also work with the SME (Reliability) and Integrity teams to solve technical issues of greater depth and to insure the adequacy of proposed maintenance scope.Key Accountabilities: Routine Maintenance
- Primary technical contact for day to day maintenance and operational issues related to equipment reliability, unit availability and mechanical integrity.
- Provide technical troubleshooting assistance of equipment issues.
- Participates unit HAZOP's and MOC's. Initiates and completes MOCs for mechanical changes.
- Responsible for design, review and approval of temporary repairs.
- Provides input into work prioritization.
- Notifies RE of repeat failures and re-occurring reliability issues.
- Initial contract for review of Safe Design Limit (SDL) exceedances.
- Responsible for discipline engineering required for the maintenance planners and supervisors. (non-project)
- Responsible for job note development and delivery.
- Procurement of replacement-in-kind engineered equipment and components.
- Responsible for review and approval of engineering drawings for replacement in kind fabricated equipment.
- Reviews and approves material selection for non-engineered components as appropriate.
- Responsible for engineered documents in support of maintenance work processes; to include:
- Non-CE TAR related equipment inspection & testing variances
- Excavation Packages
- Hot Tap Forms
- RV Initiation of Revision (IOR)
- Providing input into the yearly maintenance budget based upon knowledge of the inspection, unit reliability plans, and the PM requirements.
- Responsible for engineering data management for routine maintenance.
- Responsible for inputting or updating equipment files and drawings with IMS.
- Update spare part listings in SAP when inaccuracies are identified. Submit master data requires for equipment changes.
- Responsible for storing engineering calculations and working documents for future use and histories
- Responsible to support reliability initiatives impacting day to day maintenance
- Understands equipment criticalities and status of un-spared critical equipment
- Understands and provides input when necessary on operational risks in regard to un-spared equipment
- Understand short-term and long-term cost drivers, reliability, availability, mechanical integrity risks and develops mitigation plans.
- Support the overall life cycle cost of the asset to meet business strategies by providing input to the following items.
- Provide input into the Unit Asset Strategy/Reliability Roadmap
- Understands the damage mechanisms and corrosion areas of concern on the units.
- Involves Reliability Engineer to support bad actors and other significant reliability risks
- Provide recommended maintenance scope for outages.
- Provide input to worklist development for reliability and mechanical integrity scope
- Provide technical support for outage execution as required.
Education & Experience Required:
- Provides "Area Influence" (ownership and direction) related to discipline engineering for cycle Ending (CE) TARs.
- Provide input to worklist development for reliability and mechanical integrity scope.
- Key contributor to repair versus replacement options.
- Provides input and direction to key job notes that need unit expertise for development.
- Provide technical support for TAR execution as required.
- BS/BSE in Mechanical Engineering Required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a mechanical, maintenance or reliability engineering in a plant support role relating to the refining and/or petrochemical industry