Skills: Contracts Administration, Contracts Engineer
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Omsk, Omsk Oblast, Russia
Job Title: Senior Contract Engineer, CTE
Reference: PIR 401901110
Date of issue: 13/02/2020
Project: Gazprom Neft - Omsk Refinery "Delayed Coking Unit" (DCU) Project
Job Location: Omsk, Russia
Job type/Contract: Temporary. Project-based
Hours/rotation: 91 days on site - 15 days off + 3 days for travelling
Salary range: Competitive salary package
- Single status
- Daily allowance and accommodation
- Travel to home country in economy class.
Job Summary/Role Description
The scope of the project includes the implementation of a new Delayed Coking complex of the existing Omsk Refinery and aimed at expanding its capacity for the conversion of heavy residues while maximizing liquid product and producing anode grade quality coke.
Senior Contract Engineer (CTE) is the first interface for managing subcontracts at Site, ensuring that their terms and conditions are properly interpreted and applied.
Additionally, CTE organizes the necessary documentation for contracts modifications and final settlement with the Subcontractors.
Duties and responsibilities
- Interprets and explains contractual clauses;
- Provides the certification required by the contract for signature by the contractual representatives;
- Checks that contractual obligations are absolved by Client and Subcontractors;
- Checks the expected final cost estimates against budget values;
- Checks Subcontractors' Work Progress Status sheets;
- Prepares the Works Progress Status sheets for presentation to Client;
- Together with the Supervisors, discusses and where possible reaches an agreement with the Subcontractor concerning new prices, contractual amendments and claims, prepares the supporting documents for formal issue by Home Office Subcontracts Unit (APPAL);
- Prepares the Field change orders and claims in collaboration with the Construction Manager for the dispatch to Client;
- Prepares the documents for the award of local subcontracts;
- Prepares the construction monthly progress report.
Knowledge & Qualifications
- University Degree or Diploma in relevant discipline or equivalent.
- Significant civil experience in industrial construction of Large/XL Gas plants;
- Similar role covered at least in last three projects, of comparable size;
- Minimum seven (7) years of relevant field experience;
- Experience working on the Contractor side.
- Previous work experience in Russia.
Skills and Abilities
- Fluent English;
- Excellent IT and analytical skills;
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills;
- Strong interpersonal, team-oriented skills, self-motivation and direction, with a strong bias toward timely performance and problem resolution;
- Attention to detail, strong communications and interpersonal skills.
Special Requirements and Comments
Only candidates with significant experience, consistent with the relevant field, will be considered for this position.
Only spontaneous candidates will be considered for this role.
The knowledge of Russian at working level would be advantageous.
The information submitted shall include:
- expected salary ($/year, gross)
- notice period (weeks)
- the email address of the candidate.