Company: NES Global Talent
Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Field Service Technician
Our Client has an opening for a Field Service Technician to be based at their site in Portlethen, Aberdeenshire. This is a fantastic opportunity to take on a progressive and expansive opportunity, where initially the responsibilities will be basic and then leading to a more hands on equipment testing role. This in turn can lead to offshore work in the longer term within the wireline department.
Duties, responsibilities and expectations:
· Equipment handling and general workshop duties as determined by supervisor
· Loading out of various downhole tools and equipment
· Assisting in the receipt of offshore equipment to be logged and categorised
· Assisting with the assembly and maintenance of various types of downhole wireline tool strings and ancillary equipment.
· An ability to work under pressure, thus ensuring that tools are maintained prepped and ready to transport on schedule. Candidates should be prepared to work overtime in order to meet client expectations
· With an ever changing workload and scope, candidates must be dynamic and adaptable to the business at hand, likewise candidates must be able to demonstrate an ability and willingness to learn new skills.
Experience within a mechanical or electrical trades environment would be welcomed such as an apprenticeship or similar qualification.
Monday to Friday 8am to 4.30pm
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.