Skills: IT - Software Development
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
The role shall require the candidate to take technical ownership for scopes of work associated with the Inspection Maintenance and Repair 'IMR' program as assigned by the IMR Program Manager. These scopes will pertain principally to the uROV Platform, advanced sensor development and digital enablement, with bias toward the former. The nature of the work will be principally software and electrical engineering.
The role will require the candidate to be able to work with a reasonable degree of autonomy, coordinating between multiple interfaces across the Schlumberger organisation.
The role may require that the candidate travels for internal and external engagements. The candidate may be asked to support occasional and infrequent offshore activity, though it is stressed that this is a shore-based role.
* A degree or equivalent qualification in a field centric to information technology, software development, electrical, or electro-mechanical, at the level of bachelors or higher.
* Strong experience of Linux systems and Microservices architecture
* Strong experience of Computer Networking
* Strong experience of Python
* Strong experience of with testing frameworks (eg. PyTest) and with automated testing approaches
* Experience of implementing testing suites involving hardware systems
* Experience with continuous integration system (Azure)
* Familiarity with Azure Cloud Services
* Experience with Git (distributed version-control system for tracking changes in source code during software development)
* Strong experience in the authoring and reviewing of technical documentation associated with equipment testing/qualification, operation and maintenance for the subsea offshore industry.
* Experience of working in a fast-paced new product development 'NPD' environment.
* Experience of engineering techniques and tools to support the development of new technology.
* Experience of typical industry recognised tools for the assessment of risk (Eg: FMECA, HAZID, HAZOP).
* Strong familiarity with MS Office applications.
It would be beneficial if the candidate has experience of the following:
* Remotely Operated Vehicle 'ROV' technology and operations.
* Subsea survey technology and operations.
* Autonomous subsea vehicle development.
* Design codes associated specifically with subsea autonomous vehicles (Eg: DNVGL-RU-UWT Pt5 Ch8 Autonomous Underwater Vehicles).
* Product lifecycle management software packages (Eg. SAP, Teamcenter).
* Prior offshore experience in fields noted.
* Working knowledge of engineering analysis packages (Eg: MathCAD, Mathematica, Maple).
* Working knowledge of 2D CAD packages (Eg. Autodesk Autocad).
* Working knowledge of 3D CAD packages (Eg: Autodesk Inventor, Creo, solidworks).
* have a working knowledge of finite element analysis packages in the domain of elastic structural analysis (Eg: Ansys Workbench)
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.