Skills: Marine Engineering
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Location: Houston, TX
Duration: 1 year on going extend contract
As a Marine Engineer you are expected to be familiar with spaces within the hull and utilize your knowledge of engineering principles and procedures in the design of Marine systems. You are responsible for identifying innovative methods to carry out assigned tasks, ensuring all required marine systems are functional and accounted for within a design, and are compliant with internal and external requirements. You must be familiar with marine systems and associated materials/equipment needed to design functional systems to meet client and Company needs. You may be assigned as a Package Engineer with technical responsibility for the design, procurement and manufacture of the Package. The Marine Engineer must prioritize activities and liaise with other Discipline Leads as needed to ensure deliverables.
*The Marine Engineer may act as Discipline Lead for assigned projects.
- University Graduate Engineer Degree
- 8 years relevant experience.
- Excellent technical know-how and overview throughout his discipline.
- Typically at least 5 years relevant experience for BSc or equivalent level of education.
- Experience should include both Conceptual and Detailed Engineering experience which should include ability to:
- Develop Marine System Design Basis, Philosophies and Functional specifications
- Generate detailed design engineering deliverables such as Equipment Sizing, Calculations, Equipment Datasheets, Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams, Safe Charts, Alarm and Trip Settings, Relief and Blowdown Studies, HP/LP Interface Studies, Vendor Data Review, etc.
- Review LQ design / layout and suit marine systems accordingly.
- Develop and /or review Marine Systems PFD / UFD, P&IDs.
- Be proficient in developing and /or review of calculation reports, equipment & line sizing, heat & mass balance, line pressure drop, flow & surge analysis, flow balance etc.
- Use in-house / external software (Flowmaster, Pipenet, etc.) for verification of Marine Systems designs.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.