Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Pittsburg, California, United States
The Senior Land Representative Responsibilities include: acquiring surface rights (surface leases, ROW/easements, water rights, purchase of fee property, etc.), settling surface damages, negotiating and drafting traditional and complex land use agreements, researching courthouse records, working with gov't officials and clearing title/performing curative work for new pipelines and existing infrastructure. Working knowledge of all Land systems including QLS and QGIS. Provide competent Land and business guidance to asset teams, key stakeholders and management in meeting goals and objectives. Provide work direction to land agents and outside legal counsel. Ability to build strong internal and external relationships.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Manage all agreements as well as administer all related land functions needed by the Company to conduct its business.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with surface owners and local governmental officials and agencies.Represent CVX and self with professionalism.
- Negotiate terms and drafts surface agreements, including surface use agreements, pipeline rights of way and easements.
- Settle surface damages and ensures necessary access to company assets.
- Secures necessary permits and provides notification to appropriate agencies, surface owners, etc.
- Develops alternatives and options on complex Land/Legal problems and recommends appropriate strategies and solutions to Management.
- Manage Contract Land Representatives working on multiple Major Expense Jobs, Capital projects and Integrity Maintenance projects.
- Develop creative and fully encompassing Reimbursement Agreements for line location/removal.
- Network with other Chevron business units on regional land issues.
- Provide support and counsel during due diligence, acquisition and divestment of properties within asset portfolio.
- Accountable for forecasting the cost of maintenance and renewal of easements/franchises or other legal instruments enabling asset to conduct business.
- 10 + years in the land profession.
- Bachelor's degree in Land Management, Energy Management, Business, Law. In lieu of a Bachelor's degree 15 + years in the land profession will be considered.
- Negotiation Ability: possess appropriate interpersonal skills and communication methods to acquire easements, rights of way, surface use agreements and other oil & gas agreements.
- Thorough understanding of surface use agreements, easements, pipeline ROW's oil & gas contracts, connection agreements, surface and mineral titles, and government laws/regulations related to oil & gas contracts.
- Contract Interpretation/Drafting: possess the ability to review and draft contracts of effectively accomplish business objectives.
- Thorough understanding of condemnation process in various states.
- Ability to travel domestically up to 40% of the time.
- Master's degree
- Membership in or certification with the following considered a plus: IRWA (International Right of Way Association, AAPL (American Association of Petroleum Landmen), PIPA (Pipelines Informed Pipeline Alliance), AOPL (Association of Oil Pipelines).
Relocation Options: Relocation may be considered.
International Considerations: Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at email@example.com .
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.