Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
All interested applicants, please read the Data Privacy Notice before submitting application.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
Handles all operational and scheduling matters relating to Petroleum Products:
- Liaises with operational personnel of suppliers, receivers, system refineries, internal Shipping, Supply Optimization, Refining, Marketing personnel, and Surveyors to efficiently schedule products movements, including timely nominations, inspections, documentations, credit clearance and ship/terminal clearance
- Works closely with internal Trading, Shipping groups to identify opportunities for the most economical handling of the product movements. Recommends appropriate actions and clears each cargo/parcel movement, including the logistics of moving multi-grade products and handles/solves the products specifications problems when they arise
- Works independently in handling a varying degree of complex operational issues/problems, shipping operation problems, analytical work, research of records, use of computer model scheduling programs, etc. Strong in IT matters/ Trading systems software
- Liaises with appropriate internal parties regarding invoicing, Letter of Credits, demurrage and inspection bills
- Degree/Diploma in related course
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in oil and gas industry or related field
- Familiarity with Clean Products and/or Fuel Oil and/or Feedstock Petroleum product specifications/requirements, Shipping operations and Trading terminologies
- Knowledge of procedures and techniques required to write and revise operational related terms, such as marine, terminalling contracts, loss/quality matters and liaise with legal and management for necessary approvals
- Familiarity with terminal/refinery operations will be added advantage
- Strong teamwork, communication, and analytical and problem-solving skills
- Need to work after office hours and during weekends/public holidays to complete operational tasks
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Selected candidate will work in the Singapore under the local payroll system and benefits.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.