Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
TFE Group, Inc., is a procurement hub for the Mining and Oil & Gas Industries located in Houston, TX and part of an established worldwide group.
We are looking for a Purchasing Assistant to order supplies and equipment based on our clients' needs. The Purchasing Assistant responsibilities include researching pricing, placing orders, tracking deliveries to our warehouse and updating order records (e.g. dates, invoices and discounts). Orders are exported so you will be responsible for shipping documentation and tracking exports in process. You will also be responsible for negotiating with and managing vendors while working closely with clients and other international branches to ensure timely deliveries.
If you are familiar with supply chain procedures and logistics and know how to create cost analyses, we'd like to meet you!
Position Role & Key Responsibilities (non-exhaustive):
• Development of supply sourcing and obtain information from suppliers on products specifications, prices, lead time and information accuracy.
• Solicit proposals, evaluate costs, negotiate best pricing including delivery costs with the best combination of price, quality, and terms and conditions.
• Prepare accurate proposals encompassing required terms of sale, conditions and referenced materials.
• Issue Purchase Orders, manage contracts with suppliers, coordinate logs, and promptly resolve any problems or discrepancies that may affect final delivery.
• Monitor supplier performance, prepare reports, and maintain accurate records to ensure consistency and optimization of quality of service.
• Effectively communicate with team throughout the procurement process to ensure that project objectives are met.
• Identify performance gaps and liaise with management to implement corrective actions.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by the Procurement Manager
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, purchasing, supply chain management or related.
• 1 or more years of procurement experience in Industrial, manufacturing or Oil & Gas industry.
• Knowledgeable in Terms of Sale (INCOTERMS) and Logistics
• Proven negotiation, communication, and problem-solving skills
• ability to organize, prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Proficiency with MS Office and other Microsoft based software
• Must be a quick learner, energetic and a team player
• CPIM / APICS certification preferred
• Spanish Bilingual required + French proficiency highly desired
Desired skills :
• Exceptional attention to detail / highly organized
• Supply chain logistics experience
• Spanish language required / French language desired
• Adaptable and able to adjust to various assignments
• Strong computer skills
• Excellent attendance
• Medical / Dental /Vision
Qualified candidates please submit resume and cover letter.