Skills: Planner / Scheduler, Project Controls
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
The Planning and Scheduling Lead (PL) is a specialist in project schedule development, control and forecasting. The PL assess Contractor and company generated schedules for usefulness, logic, level of detail, input sources, timing, lines of communication, and interfaces with other functional elements and consistency with Current Control Estimate, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), and the Project Plan. The PL also establishes the schedule requirements and frequencies of issue for all of the contractor schedule deliverables. The PL strives for timely detection of trends and specifically deviations from the plan.
- Provides overall project schedule, progress measurement, and change management leadership and expertise
- Stewards the Contractor's project control organization with respect to schedule development, control and progress measurement
- Advises the Contractor's organization with respect to adequacy of project controls tools, reports and schedules
- Develop / Maintain Level 1 and Level 2 integrated project schedules
- Reviews and, where appropriate, endorses schedule and progress Baselines and forecast prepared by Contractor
- Advises Project Controls Lead and Project Leadership Team of any potential schedule issues and when necessary, provides guidance on, corrective action and measures to mitigate any adverse trends
- Develops and reviews schedule corrective actions and recovery plans, and verifies needed actions/plans are implemented
- Reviews project changes to evaluate detail schedule impact; responsible for quantifying and incorporating the effect and impact of approved changes in the overall schedule stewardship and reporting.
- Monitor and report on schedule implications of changes
- Reviews schedule basis of Contractor's change proposals
- Reviews and endorses changes with regards to schedule and progress impact
- Supports Project Team with ongoing project progress measurement and schedule analysis, reporting, and forecasting activities
- Ensure that contractor scheduling practices and progress measurement system comply with project Coordination Procedures
- Lead Contractor to development Contract Control Schedules and Milestones
- Ensure integration of subcontractors" schedules and progress measurement system
- Monitor contractor performance vs. approved baseline schedule to assist management in identification of issues and development / implementation of corrective actions or recovery plans
- Analyse progress, schedule trends, and develop forecasts to support management decision making
- Participate in contract bid evaluations (as required for schedule evaluation)
- Ensure that contractor schedule reflects / align with external schedule requirements and interfaces such as permitting and regulatory
- Assist Project Team in developing/reviewing schedule corrective actions and recovery plans, and making sure needed actions/plans are implemented
- Provide direction and feedback to schedule engineers (owner and contractors) on schedule development and control expectations during execution
- Participates in gathering and recording Lessons Learned for the project that relate to progress and schedule areas.
- Maintains regular contact with the Functional Organization.
- Maintain close liaison with members of the organization Drives and promotes capital efficiency on projects being stewarded by the department.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or Construction Management
- 10+ years prior oil and gas industry experience preferred
- 10+ years in Project Controls, Project Services and/or Planning/Scheduling
- Minimum 8 years of supervisory experience required
- Willing to work overseas in a team environment, relocate to project site as required
- Strong influencing, consulting, mentoring, analytical, and computing skills
- Advanced competency in Primavera Project Planner (P6)
- Adaptability to changing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and respond quickly to urgent analysis requests
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.