- Degree in Engineering or related discipline and/or equivalent relevant professional qualification.
- Professional accreditation, e.g. Chartered Engineer (UK) or Professional Engineer (US).
Experience and job requirements:
- Significant experience in either an internal or external engineering role, or similar.
- Experience on an operating site.
- Advanced technical knowledge and experience in engineering, with sound knowledge of the relevant industry codes, standards and regulations and the ability to initiate guidance on the appropriate designs and systems to prevent, control and mitigate risks.
- Sound stakeholder management experience.
- Performs day to day I&C Engineering to deliver immediate operations support, working closely with the Site Engineer to resolve minor issues and escalate more significant issues to the I&C Engineering team.
- Ensures asset I&C Engineering risks are understood, controlled an continuously reduced. Participates in asset risk assessments
- Monitors health of I&C equipment and associated operating envelopes,recording and investigating all SDL/SOL excursions.
- Region_Operations_Instrument and Control Engineer (Operations Support)
- Monitors KPIs for I&C equipment e.g. alarm system metrics, control loop performance, advanced control utilization etc, and initiates corrective actions as necessary.
- Provides I&C Engineering support to technical MoCs and Engineering Queries
- Supports delivery of the OMS 6.1 Production Efficiency Improvement and Defect Elimination process
- Identifies production vulnerabilities and optimization opportunities to support production forecast and grow IPC.
- Performs/Reviews/Recommends technical input on Site Operations Procedures (SOPs).
- Performs daily optimisation e.g. loop tuning, control scheme improvements, sequence improvements, and monitors defects in ICSS and other automation systems.
- Collaborates with I&C Engineering team on spares management, health care provision and obsolescence management.
- Performs follow-up actions and observations from self-verification checks that are related to I&C Engineering.
- Routes I&C Engineering lessons to Site Engineer.
- Provides coaching to I&C Engineering Challengers.