Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Be a part of a team developing automation solutions for the drilling industry. To develop electrical and controls system design solutions based on engineering principles. To train technical and non-technical staff on rig specific process control and automation. Rotation based position in field locations around the US.
- Interface with PAC (process automation controller) and Amphion drilling control system
- Interface with variable frequency drives and low voltage power distribution systems
- Create and maintain bills of materials, assembly drawings and test procedures
- Create and review of AutoCAD Electrical drawings
- Assist in programmable logic controller (PLC) programming (ST, FBD, LD) and developing human machine interface (HMI) visualizations
- Field installation and commissioning of controls hardware and software
- Creating training material and delivering field and classroom-based training to technical and non-technical staff
- Basic knowledge of drilling rig electrical systems would be an asset;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Basic knowledge of electrical code and safety practices would be an asset;
- Basic understanding of machine controls which include induction motor control using AC Drives, MCCs,
- hydraulic/pneumatics and valve controls;
- PLC programing and HMI experience would be an asset;
- Basic Programming skills and/or experience (C++, C#,) would be considered an asset.
- Basic experience with MATLAB and Simulink;
- Basic Understanding of IP networking;
- Technical writing experience with test plans and manuals;
- Valid driver's license with safe driving record
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Registered with APEGA, TBPE or equivalent
Precision Drilling Corporation is Canada's largest oilfield services company and also has a large and growing presence in the United States and internationally. Precision provides contract drilling, well servicing and strategic support services to customers. Precision supplies on-the-ground expertise - people, equipment and knowledge - to provide value to our customers on a daily basis.
Precision has more than a half century of operating history in North America and we have always believed it is our people that make Precision a great company. Attracting the right people has been one of the cornerstones in building our reputation as the "leading employer" in the industry.
Along with a great culture, we offer a compensation package that is comprehensive and highly competitive in the oilfield services industry. All of Precision's people share in our ongoing success through our total rewards and recognition philosophy. At the end of the day, our success is defined by our people and the value they bring to Precision.