Skills: Rig Electrician, Electrician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The Drilling Rig Electrician is responsible for installing and maintaining electrical wiring and equipment as it relates to land-based drilling rigs. Responsibilities include:
- Installing and maintaining silicon-controlled rectifier (SCR) unit, Variable Frequency Drives (VFD) equipment and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) systems
- Maintaining an inventory of electrical spare equipment, housed at the rigs or in the shop
- Testing circuit connections using electrical test equipment
- Installing and repairing lighting systems when required
- Repairing electrical equipment such as panel lighting, circuit breakers, junction boxes, voltage regulators and reverse current relays
- Participating in ongoing training and company safety programs for new equipment and technologies as it becomes necessary including days off training
- Coordinating with Electrical Foreman on the repair and refurbishment of equipment
- Planning and proposing both a maintenance required and routine repairs budget
- Working closely with electrical contractors to ensure the best needs of the company are being met
- Working very closely with rig crews to ensure proper training and to ensure that electronic safety systems are not bypassed
- Ability to work on 24-hour notice in response to mechanical breakdowns
- Various other duties as required. (Duties and responsibilities may be added or changed at any time at the discretion of your manager, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.)
- 14/14 Rotational
- Ability to look forward in maintaining equipment and problem solving.
- Ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information
- At least 5 years of electrical experience with VFD rigs or SCR training certificate
- Comprehensive knowledge of electrical operation of drilling rigs
- Must hold valid driver's license
- Knowledge and working experience with Amphion Control Systems required
- NOV & Canrig Top Drive Experience is required
- Knowledge of local electrical codes and standards pertaining to non-hazardous and hazardous areas
- Basic comprehensive mechanical knowledge on hydraulics, diesel engines, motor pumps and top drives
- Must be able to read and write English, in order to prepare daily reports
Precision Drilling Corporation is Canada's largest oilfield services company and also has a large and growing presence in the United States and internationally. Precision provides contract drilling, well servicing and strategic support services to customers. Precision supplies on-the-ground expertise - people, equipment and knowledge - to provide value to our customers on a daily basis.
Precision has more than a half century of operating history in North America and we have always believed it is our people that make Precision a great company. Attracting the right people has been one of the cornerstones in building our reputation as the "leading employer" in the industry.
Along with a great culture, we offer a compensation package that is comprehensive and highly competitive in the oilfield services industry. All of Precision's people share in our ongoing success through our total rewards and recognition philosophy. At the end of the day, our success is defined by our people and the value they bring to Precision.