The Subsea Controls Engineer will be responsible to provide engineering support for the subsea Hydraulic systems for deep-water floating production facilities in the Gulf of Mexico Region. The position will be reporting to Subsea Controls Engineering Team Lead and the primary focus areas are execution of engineering task and integrity for Subsea controls hydraulic systems deep-water floating production facilities. Have knowledge of subsea controls equipment and systems, a proven track record in the ability to interface with other functional team and vendors to ensure delivery of a reliable subsea controls system. In addition, provide technical engineering support to offshore operations and onshore operating functions.Key accountabilities:
- Demonstrate HSSE leadership to contractor and BP teams
- Uphold BP core values and Global Operations Organization Operating Principles while delivering controls scope and projects.
- Support Subsea Controls Leads in operational anomalies and perform troubleshooting activities, perform engineering calculation, facilitate risk assessment, and executing mitigation actions.
- Review subsea hydraulic analysis and perform calculation to validate vendor's hydraulic analysis.
- Monitor and maintain the health of Subsea Controls Hydraulic System.
- Lead RCFA on failures of Subsea Hydraulic System.
- Manage assigned Subsea controls activities and budgets
- Manage interface with topside/offshore team and SPS vendors to identify deficiency or risk for subsea hydraulic system and produce or recommend plan to address the deficiency or risk.
- Maintain and produce plans, procedure, and reports for annual HPU/TUTA inspections and PMs, provide technical support to the Integrity Management Team.
- Ensure that small Subsea HPU projects delivery targets are met by following activity plan criteria, risk management plans, and management of change requirements.
- Provide input into Controls quarterly health report.
- Deliver CI and Standardization Projects on Subsea Controls System across GoM
- Provide support to overall Subsea IM Plan and strategies
- Manage budget and works allocated to external subsea engineering contractors
- Support Subsea Controls SPAs on troubleshooting and intervention activities.
- Support Subsea Controls SPAs on emerging projects and help to develop documentation, witness testing, and assist in offshore implementation
Essential experience and job requirements:
- BSc degree or higher in mechanical, electro-mechanical, Hydraulic/fluid, subsea, or equivalent engineering discipline.
Desirable criteria and qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience subsea or equivalent AND Maximum of 10 years of professional engineering experience in oil and gas, aerospace, or marine engineering related fields.
- Must be able to multi-task and set priorities
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Proficient in writing engineering procedure and reports.
- Proficient in MS office ( word, excel, powerpoint, visio)
- Ability to review and understand electrical schematic and controls P&IDs.
- Ability and willingness to travel by helicopter or boat to offshore facilities when needed
- Must be able to speak, read and write English fluently, in order to perform essential job functions
- Experience in subsea controls in some or all aspects of design, construction, operation, maintenance, integrity management, or performance monitoring of various types of Control Systems (for Deepwater Topside Facilities or Subsea Facilities)
- Understanding of controls system architecture for Deepwater facilities including (but not limited to): Controls Module, Controls distribution, controls instrumentation, subsea Christmas tree functions, manifold controls functions, and topside electrical connections.
- Familiar with Controls related industry specifications: API 17F, API 14C, API 14F, IEC 61508 SIL requirements.
- Familiar with power and communication calculations in vendor analysis report.
- Basic understanding of program logic and software program language.
- Have experience in electrical and hydraulic analysis tools.
- Proficient in MS Excel with VB scripting and Macros
- Have a track record of technical leadership in their discipline.