Skills: Contracts Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Basra, Iraq
We are currently recruiting for a SENIOR CONTRACT ENGINEER to join Eni Iraq, Basra to assist the Contracts and Procurement Manager in enhancing the efficiency of the procurement activities carried out for EIVB and the Zubair Project. The successful candidate will perform and facilitate all day to day procurement activity of EIBV within the C&P area of responsibilities, as organized and required by the department management
- Prepare contractual and commercial sections of the tender package and compile the full tender package in accordance with EIBV requirements and governance
- Developing and analysing contracts documentation including review and contribution to contractual scope of work as per requisition, offering alternatives and proposing solutions
- Writing contracts requirements in conformance with all applicable laws and in compliance with EIBV procurement policies & procedures Making critical analysis, adding revisions and contributing to the preparation of the tender lists, contract strategies and tender evaluation plan
- Preparing un-priced and priced evaluation models of high complexity and major contracts
- Performing contractual and commercial evaluations and required negotiations of tenders received and formulate recommendations
- Drafting the relevant documents from, but not limited to, the Action Plan to to Contract award Recommendation
- Elaborating and proposing contracting solutions and pursuing alternative methods of improving contracting practices i.e. risk/reward, incentives, alliances etc., comparing different purchasing alternatives like tendering vs. single source, renting vs. buying, etc
- Demonstrating continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work co-operatively and jointly with other departments and with other Contracts & Procurement staff to provide high quality, seamless customer service
- Developing, compiling, conducting pre-enquiries and market surveys
- Manage all the contracting phases in coordination with Contract Holder(s) and other involved functions, as appropriate
- Ensuring a proper data entry into GPS system for all the ITTs / Contracts / Amendments as per management instructions, including Local Content and a weekly update of all his/her workload
Fixed Term Contract
Rotational - 28/28
- Supervision skills
- Knowledgeable and familiar with international contractual format and complex corporate and project governance
- Knowledge of Commodity markets and price trends, various grades, qualities, and varieties of materials, supplies, and equipment
- High negotiation skills and ability to understand what is negotiable in line with Company targets
- Ability to be a team player, frequent interaction with other disciplines and third parties
- High ability to work effectively with people from multiple cultures and backgrounds
- High level of professional and personal integrity
- Very good ability to work independently when required
- High fluency in written and spoken English, particularly for contract terminology
- Very good degree of computer literacy in Microsoft Office programmes, with particular reference to Office Excel
- Experience in oil and gas projects
- Experience of contracts and procurement area
- Experience in the requested area of expertise
- Previous work in Middle East Area is desirable
- Educated to degree level (preferable Engineering or Economics) is mandatory
- CIPS type qualification would be preferred
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Compensation and benefits
We support and reward international mobility as this is a key element of the success of our people at Eni. By joining EIRL, you'll receive a comprehensive rewards package which includes a highly competitive salary, private medical insurance, pension scheme, enhanced annual holiday entitlement, discretionary annual bonus and access to tax support. International employees may also receive housing, schooling and working partner support. In addition, you will benefit from training and development programmes, relocation and visa support, and travel arrangements.
Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations. Inspired by the UN's Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), our mission is clear: We are an energy company with the goal of preserving our planet and promoting sustainable access to energy for all. We aim to achieve this through our work, which is based on passion, innovation and the extraordinary strength of our people.
At the heart of this mission are the values that guide us every day. These are focused on climate action, the environment, affordable and clean energy, innovation and infrastructure, gender equality, human rights, responsible consumption and production. By following these principles, we aim to deliver precision, transparency and honesty in all areas of our work.
We also understand that together we are stronger. Building long-lasting partnerships and recognising diversity are key values for human development. Technological innovation also plays a huge part in our mission. It's fundamental to both achieving our goals and laying the foundations for our future.
Welcome to Eni – and your future with a dynamic global business that operates across the entire energy supply chain. Eni’s 30,000 employees can be found on virtually every continent. Throughout the 67 countries we operate in, we work on some of the most significant energy projects in the world.
Our activities span oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity, fuels and chemical products.
We’ve grown dramatically since our beginnings in 1953, but we’ve stayed true to our roots in many ways. Today we may be one of the largest companies in Italy and among the world’s most successful oil and gas companies in exploration, but our culture remains genuinely people-focused. Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations.
As for the future, we’re adapting to rapidly shifting market conditions as we complete our transformation into a fully integrated oil and gas company. Through our strong commitment to digitalisation and decarbonisation, Eni will continue to create sustainable value within this changing energy landscape.
We’re not only one of the world’s most successful energy companies — we pride ourselves on being a dynamic and exciting place to work as well. If you join us, you’ll play a key role in shaping the energies of the future.
At Eni you’ll enjoy a progressive, inclusive and forward-thinking environment, and a wide range of benefits and rewards. We care about our people's growth, which is why we invest in talent and offer development pathways to give everyone the same opportunity to flourish with us.
Reasons to join us
- Take on exciting challenges: Eni's focus is on big and ambitious projects. You'll take on challenging but rewarding work to help us extract energy at depths never reached before.
- A multicultural working environment: You’ll join a dynamic setting with cutting-edge facilities, the latest technology, and a rich and interesting mix of people from all backgrounds and specialisms.
- Make a difference in the world: Our purpose extends further than supplying energy to power the world. Sustainable development and respect for the environment is at the heart of everything that we do.
- Training and career growth: We provide training opportunities at the highest standard and encourage self-development, both in a personal capacity and a professional one.
- Compensation and incentive programmes: We reward you for your commitment and success through our competitive compensation policy, which is bespoke to each location’s local regulations.
- Pension programmes: Depending on your location, you could enrol in one of our contributory pension programmes.