Skills: Budget / Cost Control
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Basrah, Basra Governorate, Iraq
- Responsible for reports and all administration matters related to contracts and cost management
- Responsible for all post-award activities including conducting kick-off meetings, contract amendments and variations, maintaining contractual correspondence files, invoice approval, claims management, co-ordination and agreement of final accounts and contract close-outs;
- Identify, implement and realize value through effective strategic cost management of designated contracts;
- Administer relevant contracts ensuring that all activities are performed in line with contractual obligations and maintain auditable contracts records;
- Coordinate and participate in regular contract review meetings;
- Monitor contract risks and propose remedial actions;
- Promote compliance with eni Code of Ethics and Law 231 principles;
- Manage dispute handling and resolution process (excluding any legal or arbitration related matters);
- Oversee the preparation of department contract plans (procurement plan) and strategies;
- Prepare requisitions for contract submissions and provide support to colleagues within the team on such matters;
- Provide analysis, advice and services to continually improve contract management and administration processes;
- To ensure the contract status is in accordance with eni policy in terms of validity, value and expiry date;
- In conjunction with Procurement, undertake all relevant contract tender activities including preparation of Scope of Work (within users), technical evaluations and clarifications;
- To liaise with Procurement, Finance and others departments to ensure a smooth and effective contract implementation and management process.
- To ensure full adherence to the Company's Health, Safety & Environment policies, procedures and standards within HSE department.
- Raise and monitor Purchase Requisitions (PR's), Call Offs and Goods Receipt Notes (GRN's) (supported by in-house Software).
- Assist with the implementation of new software for cost controlling and contract admin (SAP and further).
- Monitor contract values and field cost estimates and advise on requirements to increase Contract Ceilings (ACV's.) as well as contract expiry dates.
- Responsible for checking all the invoices within Operations Department.
- Keep track of invoices from services companies.
Fixed Term Contract
- Ability to respond to high levels of work activity with flexibility to work additional hours to meet operational requirements
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work with conflicting priorities
- Good team working skills
- Accuracy and numeracy and adaptable to changing requirements
- Educated to degree level in a commercial subject or equivalent preferred, or at least Accounting/Technical Diploma
- Experience in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Experience in cost control activities
- Proficient user in PC software
- Knowledge of SAP
- Considerable previous contract administration experience in oil and gas industry
- Economics General - Economics, Economics Planning and Control
- Cost estimating/budgeting/cost analysis/control/cost reporting
- Good knowledge of English
Compensation and Benefits
We support and reward international mobility as a key element of the success of our people at Eni. On joining Eni International Resources Ltd (EIRL), you will receive a comprehensive rewards package which includes competitive remuneration, a wide-ranging suite of insurances including private medical, accident, life and travel insurance. You will also have access to tax, relocation, visa and travel support. Work/shift patterns are defined according to industry standards and while on assignment, you will receive full board and accommodation within high quality company facilities.
Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations. Inspired by the UN's Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), our mission is clear: We are an energy company with the goal of preserving our planet and promoting sustainable access to energy for all. We aim to achieve this through our work, which is based on passion, innovation and the extraordinary strength of our people.
At the heart of this mission are the values that guide us every day. These are focused on climate action, the environment, affordable and clean energy, innovation and infrastructure, gender equality, human rights, responsible consumption and production. By following these principles, we aim to deliver precision, transparency and honesty in all areas of our work.
We also understand that together we are stronger. Building long-lasting partnerships and recognising diversity are key values for human development. Technological innovation also plays a huge part in our mission. It's fundamental to both achieving our goals and laying the foundations for our future.
Welcome to Eni – and your future with a dynamic global business that operates across the entire energy supply chain. Eni’s 30,000 employees can be found on virtually every continent. Throughout the 67 countries we operate in, we work on some of the most significant energy projects in the world.
Our activities span oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity, fuels and chemical products.
We’ve grown dramatically since our beginnings in 1953, but we’ve stayed true to our roots in many ways. Today we may be one of the largest companies in Italy and among the world’s most successful oil and gas companies in exploration, but our culture remains genuinely people-focused. Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations.
As for the future, we’re adapting to rapidly shifting market conditions as we complete our transformation into a fully integrated oil and gas company. Through our strong commitment to digitalisation and decarbonisation, Eni will continue to create sustainable value within this changing energy landscape.
We’re not only one of the world’s most successful energy companies — we pride ourselves on being a dynamic and exciting place to work as well. If you join us, you’ll play a key role in shaping the energies of the future.
At Eni you’ll enjoy a progressive, inclusive and forward-thinking environment, and a wide range of benefits and rewards. We care about our people's growth, which is why we invest in talent and offer development pathways to give everyone the same opportunity to flourish with us.
Reasons to join us
- Take on exciting challenges: Eni's focus is on big and ambitious projects. You'll take on challenging but rewarding work to help us extract energy at depths never reached before.
- A multicultural working environment: You’ll join a dynamic setting with cutting-edge facilities, the latest technology, and a rich and interesting mix of people from all backgrounds and specialisms.
- Make a difference in the world: Our purpose extends further than supplying energy to power the world. Sustainable development and respect for the environment is at the heart of everything that we do.
- Training and career growth: We provide training opportunities at the highest standard and encourage self-development, both in a personal capacity and a professional one.
- Compensation and incentive programmes: We reward you for your commitment and success through our competitive compensation policy, which is bespoke to each location’s local regulations.
- Pension programmes: Depending on your location, you could enrol in one of our contributory pension programmes.