The Manager, Global Product Regulatory and Toxicology leads a global team of highly skilled professionals that would provide expert support to all BP businesses globally on regulatory compliance matters in relation to international chemical control legislation including but not limited to chemical registrations, notifications and regulatory positions as well as product human health and environmental hazard and risk management and mitigation. This would include product HSSE issues management where relevant.**This position can be based in either the UK, Pangbourne or in the US in Naperville, the role is being offered on local terms and conditions. This is not a expatriate or international assignment role**
- Manage the process of identifying, interpreting, monitoring and tracking changing product regulations and the compliance of products through the development and implementation of compliance programs such as notifications, registrations and reporting.
- Manage the process of responding to changes in the BP businesses product portfolio's to maintain compliance of the products to applicable product regulations
- Drive the understanding and management of HSE hazards (hazard evaluations), impacts and risks associated with BP products throughout the entire life-cycle (from raw material selection to end-of-life disposal) for all BP businesses and functions (e.g. S&OR (Safe & Reliable Operations). This might include putting forward relevant advice and positions statements.
- Manage the process of identifying, assessing and managing the physical, health and environmental hazards and risks, associated with a product (substance or mixture) that have the potential of causing adverse effects, are legislated or around which perceptions exist in developing hazard and risk management programs including authorisations, substitutions, defences, restrictions or eliminations in collaboration with other product stewardship and business teams.
- Ensure the design, commissioning and monitoring of (eco)tox testing programmes conducted at third party laboratories required for regulatory compliance gaining a further understanding of the hazards and consequential risks presented by BP products for market access.
- Evaluate possible exposure scenarios based on the use and application of BP products in the workplace or by consumers, professional users, industries, transporter and other 3rd parties to enable further product risk assessment and development of risk management measures to ensure safe use and handling.
- Provide support to Legal in toxic tort claims and litigation cases through provision of relevant documents and records requested under discovery orders, assessing scientific plausibility and merit(s) of claims and allegations, provision of subject-matter-expertise in support of defence strategy development, deposition preparation and consultation and interrogatory and cross-examination guidance as well as expert testimony.
- Work with relevant industry associations and authorities where relevant to influence but also to determine correct product compliance strategies.
- Ensure the use, maintenance and improvement of relevant product regulatory compliance systems by the team.
- University degree in science or equivalent is a must, and an advanced degree is preferred
Essential Skills and Experience
- Substantial and demonstrable experience in managing a product regulatory and toxicology organisation/team
- Proven track record of successfully managing a global team of diverse professionals
- Ability to work effectively with business leadership, across organizational and geographic barriers
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and networking skills.
- Strong stakeholder management skills