Skills: Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Structural Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: United Kingdom
Your career is about more than building a resume — it's a chance to Leave Your Mark. Make an impact doing work you can be proud of at Bureau Veritas. Contribute to a global mission to enhance standards with integrity, and help us create a brighter future for our next generations, and a safer society for us all.
If you are passionate about offshore safety and prevention of major accidents, put your experience and knowledge into practice with a varied and rewarding career in Verification with Bureau Veritas. You could be working with a range of Duty Holders in the North Sea and beyond, helping to ensure compliance, improve safety and prevent major accidents by verifying the suitability and performance of assets and installations, ensuring that maintenance procedures are effective and that the asset continues to meet legislative requirements.
- Support clients with onshore and offshore verification activities for a range of installations including FPSOs, platforms, semi-submersibles and onshore terminals
- Onshore assessment and audit of maintenance management systems and planned maintenance routines
- Offshore survey, examinations, maintenance/inspection reviews and technical audits both onshore and offshore against Performance Standards, International Standards, legislation and client specifications
- Supporting the development and implementation of Verification schemes in line with relevant legislation
- Providing excellent written technical reports outlining your findings
- Acting as an advisor to your clients on technical and legislative advice where necessary
We are looking for engineers with a range of discipline backgrounds, including mechanical, electrical and structural engineering, with great stakeholder management skills and an eye for detail. Candidates will ideally have previous experience in a similar field within the offshore industry (e.g. maintenance, inspection, surveying), however we recruit for attitude and aptitude and will consider suitable alternative engineering experience from other industries.
- Minimum HNC qualification in an engineering discipline
- Awareness of construction, commissioning or operation of Offshore Installations is an advantage, along with awareness of UK Safety Case Legislation (Offshore Safety Case Regulations, DCR, PFEER etc)
- Excellent technical report writing skills and the ability to articulate technical information concisely both verbally and in written format
- Able to travel in UK, offshore and internationally to meet our client needs
WHAT WE VALUE AT BV
We serve as guardians of integrity, upholding the highest standards responsibly. We create trust between businesses and those they serve, demonstrating the ambition to work hard and the humility to learn and grow. We cultivate an open and inclusive environment wherever we operate. And ethics, safety and financial control serve as the foundation for our shared culture.
Being part of the BV family, is more than just working, it's being convinced that you will leave your mark.... in shaping a world of trust.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.