Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: New York, United States
This position is responsible for the accurate and timely testing of consumer products, reporting data, and writing technical reports.
Support Technical staff by providing timely and accurate test results and information.
Major Roles & Responsibilities
- Knowledge of how to access the latest revisions of standards, protocols, and test methods, with direction.
- Evaluate products submitted for testing for quality / safety issues, with direction from senior staff in a limited scope.
- Prepares a variety of samples for testing using prescribed testing methods, following testing standards / specifications, in a limited scope.
- Conducts testing or analyzes a variety of consumer products for basic bench analysis and limited analytical instrumentation using prescribed testing methods, following testing standards / specifications appropriate to the sample, in a limited scope.
- Use and verify (if applicable) test equipment and instruments, and maintain record keeping system for calibration / quality system integrity with direction.
- Maintain test equipment, supplies, lab cleanliness (and limited analytical instrumentation).
- Accurately record test data per BV Quality guidelines.
- Assist with department testing in other areas, with direction, as required.
- Organizes and manages workload to meet or exceed laboratory turn around time and client expectations.
- Assist in the technical and administrative aspects of various departmental projects as directed.
- Accurately compile data, prepare and review written technical reports in a limited scope
- Interface with senior staff for direction on interpretations pertaining to compliance and standards.
- Identify and troubleshoot technical issues in a limited scope with direction from senior staff.
- Adhere to the requirements of the Bureau Veritas Consumer Products Services Quality System.
- Provide feedback to department manager regarding departmental systems, processes and recommendations for improvements and meeting department / quality objectives.
- Follow the guidelines set forth in the Bureau Veritas Consumer Products Services, Inc Safety / Chemical Hygiene Plan.
- Other duties as defined by Manager, department needs and workload.
Additional Responsibilities for Technician II:
- Evaluate test results data, with direction.
- Interpret and apply industry standards within a limited scope and with direction.
- Offer problem resolution, as applicable, for any client issues/questions identified, while aiming for enhancing client satisfaction and improving client relations.
- Conduct verbal and written communications with internal clients regarding administrative and technical issues, with direction.
- Participate with senior staff in client meetings / visits, when appropriate.
- Identify and troubleshoot technical issues in a limited scope.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Problem solving and process improvement ability
- Possess and demonstrate written and verbal communication skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks
- Ability to prioritize individual workload to meet or exceed deadlines
- Individual and team work ethic
- Basic computer skills: Windows, Word & Excel.
- Attention to detail
- Technical aptitude
Experience and Educational Background Required for the Job
- High school diploma or equivalent and 1-3 years related experience; or
- 2 year technical degree and 6-12 months related experience
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.