The purpose of the role is to introduce further technical and Non Operating Joint Venture (NOJV) capability to provide for the future needs of the business, in particular with respect to technical succession within the Technical Function in Sunbury and the ability of the Function to support the performance units (PU's) in specialist areas.
The Operations & NOJV Advisor will have a sound knowledge of operations or equivalent discipline, in role this knowledge will be expanded to include Product Quality, HSSE, Engineering and Joint Ventures.
In particular the Operations Advisor will work closely with the Operations Specialist, The Global Training Manager and the Global JV Manager. The Operations & NOJV Advisor will contribute to the revision of technical standards, develop operations and maintenance training material, support the training competency assurance program and support the Global JV manager to achieve plan targets of NOJV risk reduction and continuous improvement.Key accountabilities
- Contribute to the development and publication of the Air BP Regulations, OMEGA and associated documents.
- Participate and contribute to maintaining OMS Level 5 for the Air BP business and associated risk profiles
- Development and implementation delivery of training material (including e-learning modules) to develop and maintain competency standards within Air BP, particularly those of front line safety critical role holders
- Execution of new equipment field trials, from concept to completion.
- Contribution to the development and implementation of the competency assurance system
- Execution of job task breakdowns, inspection checklists and any other supporting materials
- Execution and communication of bulletins globally, where necessary communicating changes to equipment or standards.
- Execution and report writing for allocated operations inspections of Air BP, including those directly managed by Air BP and those managed by joint venture partners.
- Engage and participate in root cause investigations as directed
- Contribute to the Technical Service Agreement (TSA) development opportunities within operations, including all training development and delivery.
- Contribution to the development of projects as determined by the line manager in support of the annual work plan and Performance Unit activities.
- Prepare and present the Aircraft Fuelling Data Sheets
- Drive and support the execution of the HSSE performance plans for nominated NOJV sites
- Monitor and support the Performance Units implementation of the latest TARBOX agreement
- Analyse and report the HSSE progress of the NOV improvement plans
- Strengthen the JV Assurance network and increase the learnings from incidents within the network
- Support JV group audits as directed by the Global JV Manager
- Execute delivery of the business risk assessment tool within JV's
Essential experience and job requirements
- Engineering/Scientific Degree or equivalent
Desirable criteria and qualifications
- Experience in the oil industry (or related industry i.e. Chemical/gas) with sound knowledge of operational safety and risk management
- Experience of risk assessment, site operations, control of work, maintenance of safety critical equipment, document preparation and joint ventures would be advantageous.
- Strong organisational, influencing, time management and communication skills.
- Proven record of performance delivery.
- Strong bias for action
- Contributes effectively in a team environment and uses independent judgement to evaluate projects