Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: San Ramon, California, United States
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Hybris eCommerce Architect through February 25th, 2020 at 12:00a.m. (GMT-8).
The Hybris eCommerce Solution Architect in Chevron's Downstream & Chemicals IT Operationsis responsible for the system architecture, business functionality, application design, data management, integrations, and build and deploy processes for the eCommerce solutions used by Chevron's Lubricants and Fuel Products operations.
The Hybris eCommerce Solution Architect works in the Sales Management - Order to Cash(OTC) organization withinIT Operations team.The OTC team supports the mission criticalChevron Business Point (CBP)application which is used by Chevron Downstream customers around the globe to purchase Fuels and Lubricants products.
Chevron Business Point is built around the SAP Hybris eCommerce solutions, utilizing Oracle databases, and integrations with SAP ECC and other 3rd party applications and customers. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that the software design and architecture is done in a practical, cost effective manner for new features/enhancements
- Developing/enforcing the application architecture used for softwaredevelopment of application code, including context diagrams, data flows, and customizations
- Approving or designing the data load process - guiding the data architect or catalog lead on what needs to be loaded in the application and designing the feed schedule with the business to ensure that it meets the business requirements
- Ensuring best practices are followed by enforcing coding standards
- Ensuring all software design and components are well documented
- Leading Proofs of Concepts to explore the best method for problem resolution
- Developing requirements to Build and Deploy resourceandensuring that a process is in place for build verification and what the test cases are
- Developing the tagging/branching strategy prior togo live deployments
- Reviewing test cases created by QA to ensure proper test coverage is provided
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a closely related field
- Software development and operational supportexperienceforSAP Hybris 6.5+ version (includingHybris features likeImpex, Catalog Synchronization, CronJobs, SmartEdit and other CMS tools, BackOffice, Cockpits, Account Management, Shopping Cart, Checkout/Payment, and Order Processing)
- Strong Java background in Java 8 and Java 11 (ideallywith deeper knowledge on Spring frameworks & MVC)
- Database management experience (Oracle SQL and AzureSQL)
- Experiencedeveloping and supporting APIs and generalintegrations (ideallyexperience inintegratingSAP Hybris toSAP ECC, back end services,and other third-party applications)
- Experience in troubleshooting anddiagnosing root causes for technical issues, taking ownership of the issue,and working to resolve them by designing and deploying effective solutions.
- Experience in development ofeCommerce business-to-business (B2B) framework
- Familiarity with the automated build & deployment processes such asJenkins and Azure DevOps (ADO), and code quality tools like Sonar, Fortify
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.