Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
TAX ACCOUNTANT II
Assist in a wide variety of tax functions including tax reporting, and tax compliance, the development of process and technology automation, SOX Compliance, research and planning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparation of monthly roll-forward and reconciliation of the tax accounts. (Includes account analysis and collecting foreign tax receipts from field offices.)
- Assist in the preparation of schedules for the quarterly and annual ASC 740 computations.
- Assist in the preparation of the US Federal Consolidated Tax Return and other US tax forms.
- Prepare quarterly estimated tax payments.
- Prepare and assist in corporate Transfer Pricing documentation.
- Light tax research projects involving various US, federal and international tax issues.
- Process corporate tax returns and other tax forms for timely filing with appropriate tax authorities.
- Maintain the Fixed Asset tax basis asset ledger.
- Maintain the Tax Department SOX procedures.
- Perform Special Projects as required.
- Assist field locations with tax matters including provision, compliance and contract review
- Analyze complex tax subjects and think critically to solve complex tax matters
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- A four year College degree from an accredited college or university.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance mandatory; Masters in Accounting highly preferred, or other country equivalent.
- A minimum of two (2) to three (3) years of qualified experience in the area of US Federal Tax.
- Experience with a tax preparation software (One Source preferred; ProSystems is also acceptable).
- Intermediate expertise with Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, technical tax research materials and memos.
- Ability to effectively communicate answers to simple tax questions.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to understand and utilize common financial and economic calculations.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized and non-standardized situations. Ability to think critically and problem solve with little supervision. Ability to effectively manage time and meet multiple deadlines.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certified Public Accountant license candidate is a plus.
An Activity Checklist (see final page) must be prepared for each job and be attached to the job description. Reasonable accommodation may need to be made to these requirements to enable individuals with disabilities to perform this work.
The activities required by this job occur in a routine office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description and Production Enhancement.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.