Skills: Electrical Engineering, Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Malampaya Offshore Platform, Philippines
Make a Difference
If you are an experienced Electrical and Instrumentation Control Engineer with proven diagnostic skills, working knowledge of associated system and equipment, troubleshooting and maintenance, then this is your chance to be part of Shell.
What's the role?
The Electrical and Instrumentation Control Engineer operates and maintains the Production, Utilities, Subsea and Marine systems on the Malampaya Platform in line with SPEX codes, standards, and business plan key objectives.
He or she will assume prime responsibility and accountability for the availability and integrity of designated critical equipment and review the test and calibration methods required to ensure the technical integrity of relevant equipment.
Other responsibilities include:
- To plan and carry out equipment isolations and otherwise act as 'Area Authority' for Maintenance and Engineering activities within the Permit to Work system.
- PERFORM preventative maintenance, diagnose problems, repair and test equipment, and control systems.
- ASSUME prime responsibility for the operation and maintenance of all equipment for identified areas or systems.
- REVIEW test and calibration methods, spares strategy, maintainability issues and maintenance / operating procedures.
- MANAGE personal and team HSE performance.
- ENSURE the quality and timeliness of data input to the SAP Maintenance Management System.
- Develop competence portfolio against unit standards for identified roles and duties as part of the competence development plan.
Shell has been present in the Philippines since 1914 and today employs more than 3,000 people. Shell's diversity of operations in the Philippines attracts world-class graduates and experienced professionals alike. Our commitment to your career and learning is evidenced by our industry-leading career development programme and unrivalled access to a local and global pool of experts. Innovation is imbedded in our working culture, and you will benefit from our drive to help you succeed and unlock your potential. The Shell companies in the Philippines (SciP) include various companies operating in oil and gas exploration, production, oil refining, distribution and sales to consumers. Pilipinas Shell Petroleum Corporation (PSPC) refines, blends, transports and sells a wide range of high quality fuels, lubricants, liquefied petroleum gas, bitumen and other specialty oil-based products. It operates a 93-thousand barrels per day refinery, 22 oil depots across the country and over 970 retail stations nationwide.
What we need from you:
An engineer with technical qualification and at least 5 years in-depth maintenance experience of working in the offshore environment, in a refinery or an onshore hydrocarbon production facility. Proven diagnostic skills and working knowledge of associated systems and equipment.
- Proven ability in the commissioning and start-up of the plant, equipment, and systems.
- The ability to input data to a computerized maintenance management system, review and read control system, line diagrams, equipment specifications, and operational and maintenance procedures.
- Working knowledge of a Permit to the Work safety system and able to demonstrate a high degree of process operator skills.
- Good command of written and spoken English, the ability to write reports and sort data
- Proven ability to work in an asset-based team environment with a collaborative approach to Onshore Team.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video