Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Support all aspects of mechanical new product development;
- Evaluation and Testing of mechanical components/subassemblies at all stages of development
- Troubleshooting of development issues
- Carry out research into suitable components and design concepts
- Delivering mechanical designs/analysis from concept to commercialization
- Participate in and facilitate Mechanical Design Reviews
- Create Test Instructions and Test Reports
- Create Product Support Documentation
- Maintain Project Files and facilitate project closure to agreed standards
- Configuration management all product levels
- Keep current with advances in mechanical engineering
- Creation of new Intellectual Property
- Product Line Maintenance support;
- Product Support to Operations & Manufacturing
- Troubleshooting of operational issues
- Product lifecycle improvements
- Leads programs by establishing project development plans and approving design documents that follow Health, Safety, and Environment processes.
- Provides engineering guidance and uses advanced engineering techniques to meet complex design criteria.
- Develops custom equations and solutions using various engineering tools.
- Provides recommendations for tests results and assists with complex tests.
- Reviews and assesses appropriate standards, regulations, and specifications for testing and reliability analysis on projects and processes.
- Delivers innovative Intellectual Property recommendations for Halliburton and reviews technical papers.
- Provides technical expertise to meet internal and external customer needs and requirements.
- Promotes and contributes to a cohesive team environment and maintains open lines of communication with all levels of the organization.
- Represents Halliburton in professional societies in area of specialization.
- Skills acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline and related experience.
- Completion of a masters or doctoral degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline is preferred.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
Peregrine Road, Westhill, Aberdeen, Aberdeen, AB32 6JL, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 84941
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Completion Tools
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.