Skills: IT - Software Development
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Senior Infrastructure Analyst, on a permanent staff basis, location in Aberdeen.
· Ensures the professional delivery of server, network and application infrastructure. Performs ongoing maintenance, system uptime and security for project and BAU support work.
· Provide technical leadership and mentoring.
· Ensures that departmental standards are adhered to when supporting the company infrastructure.
· Follows company safety policies and procedures.
· Analyses business requirements and designs, implements, and tests new IT solutions.
· Responds to the escalation of support incidents from the global IT support team.
· Supports and enhances the server, desktop and network estate to ensure maximum practical availability and efficiency.
· Serves as a senior reference for the global VMware, Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange, Azure Cloud, and network infrastructure.
· Ensures all infrastructure and systems are actively monitored.
· Ensures backups for all network and server infrastructure are maintained.
· Ensures regular health checks and patching is carried out on all infrastructure.
· Ensures all aspects of the business infrastructure and applications are thoroughly documented.
· Performs other duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
· Liaise extensively with stakeholders to capture business requirements.
· Analyze, identify root cause, and recommend solutions for a broad scope of organizational and/or geographical complexities.
· Demonstrate effective interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
· Demonstrate good, practical, and objective problem-solving skills.
· Plan projects through the full lifecycle and consistently deliver on time.
· Prioritize and complete multiple projects on schedule and within budget.
· Recommend processes and procedures to implement functional strategies.
· Show integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
· Facilitate, interact with and resolve issues among individuals from a variety of cultures and disciplines, at times under stressful circumstances.
· Show proficiency in Microsoft Office, including MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
· Comprehend and communicate accurately, clearly and concisely in English. (Spanish or French may also be required depending upon assignment.)
Education & Knowledge
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field preferred.
· Understanding of business linkages and the ramifications that decisions can have.
· Progressively more responsible IT infrastructure experience.
· Experience with the following systems: Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Microsoft Exchange Server 2013, Active Directory design and administration, Office 365, Azure IaaS, Powershell, VMware ESXi implementation and administration, Veeam, SCCM, routing and switching, firewall security, SAN and storage services. Experience in a similar industry is desired.