Skills: Inventory Control, Materials Management , Refinery / Plant Operations Supervisor
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Belle Chasse, Louisiana, United States
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position through February 24, 2020 at 11:59pm. (Central Standard Time)
This position is a critical role in the North Americas Supply function of Oronite. The Data Analyst is responsible for master data and inventory processes managed within the region.The data analyst is responsible for master data setup, maintenance, errors, deletion, data projects related to plant / supply chain changes, in support of plant planners, buyers, operations, sales, logistics and finance processes. This position also serves as an inventory analyst responsible for balancing inventory for materials managed at the Oak Point facility, in support of plant operations, finance and from a company compliance perspective.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Serve as the local master data organization lead for setup of new materials in SAP and APO
- Responsible for completion and accuracy of all data elements
- Lead setup of purchasing info records for material movements for materials sourced from external suppliers or for stock transfers between different Oronite locations from within or outside the AMR region ensuring accuracy of pricing, freight terms, transfer markup, taxes, etc. in master data setup for new materials or source points
- Lead routine pricing updates and outline agreements for inbound materials as requested by procurement category managers and for quarterly transfer pricing updates for materials imported from other regions; troubleshoot pricing variance identified by finance
- Support planners and the monthly supply planner network process by extracting past receipts and requirements and compiling comprehensive list of past due items (examples, purchase orders, stock transfers, sub-contracting orders, process orders, sales order, etc.)
- Support production planning / detailed scheduling helping with cleanup for drum toller location - review planning books before WD4 to ensure PPDS plan is accurate through the sub-contracting vendor loops to minimize impact of misaligned PPDS activities on the SNP plan
- Responsible for data setup for special projects for changes in material flow, handling, processing, etc.
- Serve as an inventory analyst responsible for daily balancing of process orders completed and verifying materials consumed therein are balanced
- Troubleshoot inconsistencies encountered for process order variance
- Responsible for monthly end close for assigned products to clear process orders and balance inventories from production and consumption standpoint
- Understand plant production processes in order to troubleshoot process orders
- Master the use of auxiliary systems (tank monitoring systems, tags in Honeywell DCS system, inventory reports, etc.) as tools for inventory analysis
- Responsible for quarterly reconciliation of any materials "not in balance" as reported by Finance
- Providing documentation for approval of inventory adjustments and documenting in SAP system
- Review developed reconciliation processes for thoroughness and change if needed
- Provide recommendations on process improvements, whether in transactions within SAP or physical changes in the plant, to optimize management of inventory or for data management processes
- Prioritize assignments based on business priorities
- Assist with troubleshooting, data retrieval, error report analysis and reporting
- Serve as a mentor for contract data specialist for decommercialization and material deletions including deactivating auxiliary data for obsolete materials
- Create and / or manage checklists, job aids, for routine tasks performed (i.e. inventory processes, material set up and deletion checklists, etc.)
- Minimum of 1+ years of analytical data and / or inventory management in support of plant operations, and supply chain planning and execution functions
- Experience working in dynamic and high performance cross functional teams
- Demonstrated success using analytical tools to develop simple, cost effective solutions for issues that involve complex data
- Effective communication skills that suit the target audience
- Interest and ability to learn new software systems and understand data flows with physical operations
- Experience in chemicals/petrochemicals manufacturing facility including knowledge of:
- Strong understanding of production, inventory management and cost impacts
- Experience working independently in SAP and APO
- Demonstrated experience in use of auxiliary systems such as tank monitoring system, Mii shop floor module of SAP
- Data maintenance for error free planning, material movement, logistics scheduling, to support production and sale of product
- Advanced MS Excel skills (i.e. creating pivot tables, advanced formulas, nested ifs, lookup and indexing functions, etc.)
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at email@example.com .
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.