Skills: Asset Management, Business Analyst, Financial Analyst
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Singapore
The role, reporting into the Commercial Direcotr, will take ownership for pricing best practice and processess, driving a value based pricing culture across the global sales organization, working closely with M&T to price effectively again clearly identified cstomer value prepositions, in line with the Distinctive and best culture.
- Through collaboration with sales, marketing and marcoms, build and implement best practice industry centric pricing models relevant to Company's business and refine through new data and analysis as experience increases in new producet launch value maximisation, list price setting and management, discount strategy and management, price elasticity models at different customers and for different segments, product pricing lifecycle maximisation e.g specialty pricing for older low volume grades
- Maintain regule engagement with external subject matter experts on pricing to identify and close current gaps inside Company's wrt pricing best practice - Formula pricing, Forex management, FTA / Freight / Logistic impacts
- Develop, maintain and update a pricing history database, evaluating effectiveness of past pricing actions and develop leading indicators / proactive pricing options for sales use. Use database to ensure consistency of pricing approach across customer, product, segment and region, preventing avoidable "own goals" such as internal price competition across accounts
- Making full use of Company's CRM tool and other suitable sources of information, provide competitor analysis; build profile of competitors' pricing strategies and tactics as they related to customer value, and use to develop counter strategies and tactis for Company's sales
- Contribute to the profitable development / growth and maximisation of profitability of Company's account
- Coordinate / lead targeted price improvement activites for low price businesses
- Operate as single point of contact for sales and marketing to obtain proactive pricing insight and support for bid engagements, and lead / contribute to post tender / RQ reviews, capturing lessons with respect to pricing an value prepostion
- Own sales process around or related to pricing e.g tender management, ensuring a more agile and proactive approach. As appropriate adpt current and develop new processes that align with new pricing models and strategies
- Own sales pricing tools, and look to ever green and improve
- Work collaboratively with sales on defining new marketing processes around value proposition, and value capture.
- Experience in designing and implementing pricing models strategies in a global diverse B2B business environment, preferably specialty chemicals with high degree of technical content to value, ideally with experience of pricing in Asia.
- Demonstrated abilty to enable profitable growth in mature business segments
- Demonstrated experience and success in bid development for multi-million dollar, global RFQs/ tender activities
- Understanding of latest thinking and best practice when it comes to pricing strategy and management including awareness and experience in digital opportunities. Strong network of external pricing experts, both industry and academic
- High level numerical and analytical skills, including the ability to draw strategy insight from data trends
- Demonstrated abilty to influence corporate culture around rpice and commercial excellence, and to work effectively as a change manager especially with customer facing colleagues, and marketing / product managesrs
- Experience with latest competitor analysis techniques and best practice and with modern CRM tools
- Significant sales and customer experience including leadership and direct customer contact/relationship building
- Significant marketing and technology experience, including understanding technology value and market drivers needs