Job Description Purpose & Accountabilities:
- The analyst contributes significant strategic, conceptual and analytical skills to various asset/category teams by developing should cost models, developing market insights, building cost escalation forecasts, conducting price variance analysis, building should cost models, external benchmarks to identify opportunities to drive most competitive supply chains
- He/She works within teams to identify value opportunities for assets/Shell OUs through should cost modeling, market intelligence, benchmarking and CP best practices
- Builds & maintains robust stakeholder relationships - e.g. working closely with cross business and competitive intelligence teams
- Complies with HSSE requirements and other agreed compliance areas
Working as a part of the team involves:
- A committed team player willing to learn from and share across the team
- Engage in cost modelling and benchmarking projects and provide analytical insights across range of categories in the Oil and gas supply chain
- Working across assets to develop country/Asset specific supply chain insights
- Analysis of market and industry information to produce insights which feed as inputs to other projects, recommendations, tracking signals etc.
- Provide outputs/communication in the form of presentations, reports, analysis etc. as required
- Producing thought papers on best practices/emerging trends in Supply chain excellence and support C&P category and frontline team in implementing these best practices
Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programme, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India's energy sector alone in socially and environmentally responsible ways. It is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India. The Shell Technology Centre Bangalore, STCB, is one of the three global hubs for technology in the Projects & Technology business of Royal Dutch Shell. In addition, we supply crude, chemicals and technology to public and private sector oil companies, and our Chennai Business Centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell globally.Requirements Skills & Requirements:
Technical degree and/or MBA background with experience of > 4 years of professional experience in areas related in the oil and gas industry focusing on technical and/or commercial aspects of business-related contracting, procurement and strategic sourcing. Candidates with exposure to Wells category preferred.
- Strong technical background with knowledge of the Wells category
- Exposure to contracting and procurement, strategic sourcing, market analysis is an advantage.
- Ability to work in a consulting environment on projects with varying complexity and high ambiguity
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concisely and coherent manner
- Mature attitude coupled with effective interpersonal skills, communication & listening skills
- Strong people skills and ability to work in ever evolving teams as well as delivering through others. Good relationship skills are key as the work includes regular interaction with a broad range of stakeholders and at varying levels of seniority
- Strong analytical abilities, able to handle/interpret large volumes of data, out of box thinking to provide valuable insights (the so what?) on economic, technical, financial and/or commercial areas to support decision making
- Proficiency across Microsoft tools like PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Visio.
- Willingness and behavioral ability to travel and work internationally on short-term assignments
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.