Skills: Manufacturing Engineering
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Sugar Land, Texas, United States
General Summary of HFE, Schlumberger:
Schlumberger is an international engineering company with operations in over 85 countries and employs approximately 100,000 people employees representing more than 140 nationalities. Schlumberger consists of three businesses: Oilfield services, Resource Management Services and Test & Transactions. HFE is a Division of Schlumberger, and one of its core specializations is in building highly reliable engineered products that supply the industry with Drilling and Measurements, Wireline and Nuclear tools. The above-mentioned position is in the HFE's Manufacturing, Drilling and Measurement Department.
General Position Description:
The Manufacturing Engineer Primary goals are ensuring the delivery of quality products in line with the production plan in collaboration with the workshop and planning personnel. He/she work with workshop teams to provide technical support to resolve in-process failures during assembly or test process. His/her role is key to the organization since he/she works in close collaboration with Engineering and Sustaining teams to review and introduce new technologies into the manufacturing process. Finally, he/she contributes to the continuous improvement of the manufacturing process as well as the products.
• BS/MS in Electrical/Mechanical
• 2+ years experience in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering is preferred.
• Position located near Houston, TX.
Specific Position Responsibilities:
• Review with management, planning, supply chain, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
• Responsible for maintaining the Production Product File including routings, standard work instructions, tooling requirements and manufacturing bill of materials while monitoring the accuracy of the Engineering Product File ensuring corrections via engineering change requests.
• Assist in training the shop floor personnel on manufacturing processes and process improvements.
• Perform failure analysis and troubleshoot product failures during manufacturing. Ensure systematic resolution of Electrical/Mechanical components to avoid re-occurrence.
• Disposition non-conforming parts and work closely with Supplier Quality Engineers and suppliers to ensure material compliance to specifications.
• Lead customer failure investigations to identify the root-cause and define and implement remedial plan working closely with the Quality department.
• Apply Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies to lead continuous improvement projects aiming to enhance efficiency, quality and cost reduction.
• Participate in concurrent engineering teams to facilitate the introduction of new products in manufacturing and provide feedback to the design team to align the new products with manufacturing processes requirements.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications desired including Power BI.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Experience in Oil & Gas manufacturing industry or equivalent experience.
• SAP experience highly preferred.
• Lean manufacturing and Sig Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor-priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.