Grade H Responsible for supporting software / platform engineering activities (depending on specialism), working with users to capture requirements, using sound technical capabilities to lead the design, development and maintenance of the relevant systems and ensuring compliance with the relevant standards. Specialisms: Software Engineering; Platform Engineering.Role Synopsis
The Hosting and Cloud Product Owner will be intricately involved in ownership and coordination of enhancements, change & evolution of assigned products. The position is responsible for oversight, support, maintenance & delivery of managed service providers associated with hosting & cloud services
The role will participate in the Hosting/Cloud Program's engagement with business stakeholders & partners to enhance the existing solutions & developing new solutions as Products to deliver to the business.
The role requires a thought leader that will be accountable for Agile approach applied to Product via SCRUM teams comprising internal team members, partner vendors & associated expertise. You will need to oversee the Administration, configuration & customization of Hosting/Cloud applications for all implementations.
- Domain expertise of Site Reliability Engineering and DevOps practices to manage Hosting / Cloud Products and business domain
- Take lead of scrum/kanban teams as the Product Owner
- Providing vision and direction to the Agile development team & stakeholders throughout the project & create requirements
- Ensure proper delegation of work tasks and priorities in project settings.
- Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for SRE/DevOps capabilities
- In collaboration with Enterprise Architects, defines the cloud operations vision, roadmap & growth opportunities
- Assess value, develop cases, & prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with cloud operations strategy
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, & elaboration of the user stories
- Work closely with developers and business project teams to create & maintain a SRE/DevOps capabilities backlog according to business value or ROI
- Lead the planning/strategy of production release plans and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Actively mitigate impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Research & analyze market, the users, and the roadmap for cloud operations
- Govern & oversee identification of redundant systems and be responsible for the complete lifecycle of all cloud services in the BPX organization, working closely with all departments
- Interact with personnel at all levels and across all business units & to comprehend complex business initiatives
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts to both IT management & business stakeholders in a consumable fashion.
- Ultimate ownership of management of costs associated with all hosting