Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Commissioning Engineer / HUC
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Rotational Contractor
Location: Az Zubayr, Iraq
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Iraq
We are currently recruiting a Commissioning Mechanical Supervisor for Eni Iraq, based in Basra. The duties of the role will be to supervise and witness mechanical commissioning works verifying they are performed in compliance with Project schedule, quality & HSE plan and as per Commissioning standards and procedures.
The Key responsibilities are:
- Monitoring compliance with Project schedule and budget and as per approved Commissioning standards and procedures;
- Verifying static and rotating equipment Mechanical Completion, Pre-Commissioning and Commissioning works are carried out in compliance with Pre-Commissioning and Commissioning plan and procedures;
- Verifying Mechanical Completion acceptance and punch lists prior to starting Pre-Commissioning and Commissioning activities;
- Verifying rotating and static equipment Mechanical Completion, Pre-Commissioning and Commissioning works are executed according to Project schedule, highlighting any deviations and suggesting recovery actions;
- Provide technical support, troubleshooting and technical solutions;
- Validating rotating and static equipment Mechanical Completion, Pre-Commissioning and Commissioning work progress;
- Assuring Mechanical Completion and Commissioning punch lists are properly detected, integrated within master punch list and then cleared;
- Developing and issuing daily and weekly commissioning mechanical works reports;
- Preparing handover documentation (validating / compiling all relevant check sheets, test reports and certificates);
- Static equipment inspections, box-up, chemical and catalyst loading and preservation;
- Rotating equipment cold and hot alignment, lubrication, preservation, start-up, load running test, tuning and stabilization, shutdown and re-start-up.
- Rotational/ Temporary
- Basic knowledge of international HSE standard ISO 45001;
- Knowledge of Construction and Commissioning HSE requirements;
- Implementation of HSE Instructions for each Mechanical Commissioning activity through proper HSED toolbox talks.
- Minimum 10 year experience in Oil and Gas Projects;
- Minimum 5 year experience in Commissioning, as mechanical supervisor, in reciprocating, centrifugal and screw compressors and pumps; floating tanks and separators vessels;
- Education preferable in Mechanical Engineering;
- Fluency in written and spoken English language.
Welcome to Eni – and your future with a dynamic global business that operates across the entire energy supply chain. Eni’s 30,000 employees can be found on virtually every continent. Throughout the 67 countries we operate in, we work on some of the most significant energy projects in the world.
Our activities span oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity, fuels and chemical products.
We’ve grown dramatically since our beginnings in 1953, but we’ve stayed true to our roots in many ways. Today we may be one of the largest companies in Italy and among the world’s most successful oil and gas companies in exploration, but our culture remains genuinely people-focused. Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations.
As for the future, we’re adapting to rapidly shifting market conditions as we complete our transformation into a fully integrated oil and gas company. Through our strong commitment to digitalisation and decarbonisation, Eni will continue to create sustainable value within this changing energy landscape.
We’re not only one of the world’s most successful energy companies — we pride ourselves on being a dynamic and exciting place to work as well. If you join us, you’ll play a key role in shaping the energies of the future.
At Eni you’ll enjoy a progressive, inclusive and forward-thinking environment, and a wide range of benefits and rewards. We care about our people's growth, which is why we invest in talent and offer development pathways to give everyone the same opportunity to flourish with us.
Reasons to join us
- Take on exciting challenges: Eni's focus is on big and ambitious projects. You'll take on challenging but rewarding work to help us extract energy at depths never reached before.
- A multicultural working environment: You’ll join a dynamic setting with cutting-edge facilities, the latest technology, and a rich and interesting mix of people from all backgrounds and specialisms.
- Make a difference in the world: Our purpose extends further than supplying energy to power the world. Sustainable development and respect for the environment is at the heart of everything that we do.
- Training and career growth: We provide training opportunities at the highest standard and encourage self-development, both in a personal capacity and a professional one.
- Compensation and incentive programmes: We reward you for your commitment and success through our competitive compensation policy, which is bespoke to each location’s local regulations.
- Pension programmes: Depending on your location, you could enrol in one of our contributory pension programmes.