Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Barrow-in-Furness, England, United Kingdom
Onesubsea, a Schlumberger company, is seeking a Production Planner based in Barrow in Furness, to take responsibility for ensuring effective capacity planning over short and medium-term planning horizon across the manufacturing scope with a focus on maximizing internal capacity utilization and efficiency.
Continuously monitor the progress of all orders placed both internally & externally and coordinate the release of work to the shop floor, taking into consideration available routings, engineering releases and material availability.
- Plan effective capacity management of machines, assembly and test;
- Create daily production plans;
- Control constraints in your area and influence areas that effects your constraint;
- Ensuring manufacturing of components is started on time - preventing delays and late delivery;
- Communicating any deviation from the planned dates to all relevant parties;
- Understanding requirements of the plan and actioning it;
- Meeting company Quality requirements;
- Ensuring that safe working conditions prevail
Skills and Experience sought:
- Experience in a production planning role
- Experience of MRP / ERP systems - ideally MFG Pro and/or SAP
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience of other Microsoft packages i.e. Word, etc
- Strong initiative and proactive approach to work
- Must be able to communicate effectively at all levels including presentations, meetings and via written documentation.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.