Skills: Cost Engineer
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Cost Analyst, on a contract basis, location in Aberdeen.
Responsible for providing analysis and support to management within a cost accounting environment to facilitate decision-making. The position is in the Corporate Services Team. This role provides the necessary input to Finance to ensure that internal, delegated and external budgets and cost reports are produced in an accurate and timely manner.
· Preparing Budgets and Forecasts in conjunction with Budget spender and as directed by the Lead Cost Controller
· Regularly reviewing forecast expenditure against Budget/Forecast/Commitments, highlighting anomalies, whilst helping promote cost consciousness/cost challenge amongst Budget holders and spenders
· Developing and maintaining reports in SAP to monitor expenditure against Budgets, Forecasts, Commitments and AFEs as appropriate.
· Conducting monthly reviews of the Cost Control data with Budget Holder and update as appropriate in-line with significant activity changes in the monthly corporate planning.
· Preparing the Summary of Expenditure Reports for review
· Analysing actual costs and forecast expenditure as directed and provide details on variances between budget and previous forecast
· Reviewing cost allocation & charge-back mechanisms periodically, in conjunction with customers to ensure these remain equitable in a changing business environment
· Ensure that all internal control and SOX procedures are fully complied with including processes for area of responsibility are completed
· Degree qualified with demonstrable relevant experience in the oil/gas industry
· Understanding of Costing
· Analytical skills with a knowledge of financial analysis techniques and economic measures
· Computer literate, with experience of SAP, Excel and PowerPoint