Skills: Business Analyst
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Business Planning Analyst, on a permanent staff basis, location in Aberdeen.
Responsible for forward looking financial aspects of the business and will work across the organization and management team to deliver Finance objectives.
· Ensure company HSEQ policies, procedures and practices are followed.
· Focal point for all UK economics and Value Assurance. Design and use Decision Analysis models to optimize company value, assisting project/ opportunity selection.
· Maintain a comprehensive business calendar in addition to monthly and 5 year asset Work Programs
· Coordinate the monthly forecast process
· Will run the budget and plan cycle, ultimately delivering a budget book based on approved budgets.
· Coordinate presentations - VIP visits, monthly forecast packs, OPCOMs
· Champion any Corporate initiatives being rolled out
· Coordinate Government Asset Questionnaires and Surveys
· Provide back up support for the Commercial Team ensure continuation of activities and realization of the department's goal plan.
· Solving complex problems using detailed modelling skills.
· Supporting Company Strategy through the provision of analysis.
· Minimum Bachelor level
· Relevant experience
· A good understanding of the E&P Value Chain
· A sound grasp of what makes an E&P Company successful and profitable
· Computer/ Programming fluency
· Analytical Thinking - Applies logic to solve problems and get the job done.
· Communication/ Writing skills - Can use language effectively (verbal or written) to gather information and facilitate the exchange of ideas.
· Problem Solving - Solves problems while ensuring rules and directives are followed.
· Result oriented
· Creative Thinking - Ability to look outside the box and develop new modelling strategies for capturing issues.
· Independent and Pro-active
· Team player
· Strong communicator
· Organized and methodical approach to work with an eye for detail