Skills: Contracts Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Commercial Contract Specialist, on a permanent staff basis, location in Aberdeen.
Supporting Operations and other work stream on contracts, procurements and associated commercial contracts.
· Ensure company HSEQ policies, procedures and practices are followed.
· Preparing contracting strategy and its implementation to support across the company's diverse range of offshore facilities (FPSO), drilling, subsurface and well operations. Duties include tendering, evaluating bids, preparing and negotiating contract terms for product supply and services.
· To ensure contract and procurement process implementation in compliance to various Joint Operating and/or Unitization & Unit Operating Agreement (JOA and/or UUAO).
· Ensuring efficient and effective administration of contracts in accordance with company policy and procedures, including monitoring key contracts, e.g. Integrated Service Contracts (ISC).
· Managing and advising on contractual disputes and claims issues.
· Contracts rationalisation in accordance with agreed business plan.
· Managing in-house contract management system
· Monitoring all commercial contracts pertaining to offshore operations, such as Transportation and Processing agreement.
· Contracting strategy for a new company, managing ISC for offshore support operations, supervising inventory management and supply chain management.
· Contract strategy implementation in compliance to JOA/UUAO & regulations
· Monitoring of various contracts and agreement under diversified environment.
· Minimum Bachelor level education. Specialization in Material Management will be an added advantage
· Relevant experience in the field of contracts and procurement
· Adequate hands on knowledge on
· Oil & Gas offshore operations, trading and understanding of all related contracts, the commercial documents, especially managing all the contracts.
· Contract and procurement strategy and management
· Drafting and reviewing contractual agreements between a company and suppliers of products or services.
· Ability to assess contractor performance to identify the need for amendments of existing contracts and compliance with the contract terms and regulations.
· Procurement regulations, contract documents, and legal specifications.
· Various processes and compliances under JOA/UUAO on contracts and procurement.
· Computer proficiency with Proficient with MS Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
· Experience in MAXIMO / ORACLE / ERP on contract and procurement is preferable.
· Communication/ Writing skills - Can use language effectively (verbal or written) to gather information and facilitate the exchange of ideas.
· Outstanding negotiation and interpersonal communication skills.
· Result oriented
· Creative Thinking - ability to look out-of-box and develop contracting strategies
· Independent and Pro-active
· Team player and self-motivated