Job Description Purpose
The Senior Environmental Engineer is a member of the Oman Shell's Environmental Team and will report to the Oman Shell Environmental & Regulatory Affairs Manager. This is a key team position. The incumbent will be required to provide deep subject matter expertise and strategic support for compliance, improvement and future focused projects and initiatives across Oman Shell's operated and non-operated ventures, with focus on climate change (i.e. methane management, energy efficiency, flaring, energy use and renewables). As a key member supporting delivery of Oman Shell's carbon strategy, the Senior Environmental Engineer will be responsible for working collaboratively across the organization e.g. Country Leadership Team, functional teams (wells, projects, commercial etc.), as well as with joint venture partners (PDO, OLNG), P&T and key external stakeholders (e.g. MECA, MOG, etc), as well as helping coach and develop environmental team members. Key Accountabilities:
- Helps co-ordinate and integrate delivery of Oman Shell's Carbon Strategy and Energy Transition Plan for SOV/NOV in line with RDS and Upstream Conventional Oil and Gas (COG) Green House Gas (GHG) and methane ambitions and aspirations.
- Co-ordinates and provides direct technical support and assurance to annual GHG cycle (business planning, GHG & EMP) for SOV/NOVs
- Establishes and drives Oman Shell methane management objectives in SOV/NOVs (e.g. LDAR)
- Supports and influences the identification and progress of GHG and energy management opportunities across Shell's SOV/NOVs using appropriate work processes e.g. benchmarking, forecasting, ALARP demonstration, F&V plans etc to help drive a competitive step change in GHG intensity performance in our SOV/NOVs.
- Acts as a key relationship holder for influencing PDO in line with the AMT Key Focus Area for GHG and Energy Management
- Provide recommendations on the application of relevant Shell internal standards, technical aspects of legislative requirements, and external standards and policy; partners with Government Relations as Oman Shell's Regulatory and Advocacy technical focal point on current and emerging regulations and policy.
- Lead preparation of, and maintain, reasonable assurance for GHG Verification for SOV and evaluate and steer where needed, assurance processes used by NOVs.
- Supports development and maturation of Oman Shell's HSSE business management procedures / guidance / systems / training i.e. air emissions and discharges into the environment, flaring and venting, GHG management, VOCs, NOx and SOx, ozone depleting substances, water into the environment and waste management.
- Provides specialist environmental support to in-country Emergency Response and Crisis Management Teams.
- Serve as direct technical liaison expert with agency representatives e.g. Ministry of Environment and Climate Affairs (MECA), Ministry of Oil and Gas (MOG) leveraging recognized international best practices e.g. IOGP, IPIECA etc.
- Contributes to the development of a clear, shared vision, of 'no harm to people and protect the environment', using visible and felt leadership skills to inspire environmental performance improvement amongst staff and contractors.
Shell in Oman has been a partner in the country's remarkable development and progress over the last several decades. In Shell, we have been providing pioneering technologies and expertise in the energy industry and creating value for the community that we have proudly been long part of.Requirements Requirements
- B.S. in Engineering or Sciences
- Minimum of 10 years' experience working in the environmental field, preferably in onshore operating assets within the oil & gas exploration and production industry.
- Has a strong working knowledge of internationally recognized practice requirements.
- Very strong organizational skills, attention to detail and awareness of regulatory processes.
- Demonstrable experience in delivery regulatory compliance and environmental management support to major from development to operation.
- Strong knowledge of industry best practice for management GHG/environment and delivery through collaboration with, in-country team, JV partners, local working groups and regulatory agencies.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills and able to work effectively across organizational and functional boundaries and teams, within and outside the organisation.
- Experience coaching others, leadership experience an advantage.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.