Skills: Financial Analyst
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Senior Finance Analyst located in Makati, NCR (Manila), Philippines.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Apply accounting policies and principles to properly record, report and maintain financial data associated with operational activities
- Provide advice and foresight on the financial repercussions of unusual and more complex accounting entries
- Understand business process risk and controls quickly and engages key stakeholders in resolving issues and closing process gaps
- Understand the work and its financial and enterprise connections
Analysis and Problem Solving:
- Review processes, discrepancies and anomalies and recommends improvements by collaborating with affected work group and business partners.
- Utilize understanding of systems interrelationship to be able to spot and correct errors
- Identify IT/system enhancements that will add value to the process
- Effectively interact with diverse teams, providing clear, logical communications in a concise manner to relevant stakeholders, including senior management
- Effectively respond to ad-hoc and more complex questions and business events with foresight and awareness.
- Utilize understanding of customer needs, enterprise knowledge, and industry events to drive continuous improvements and ensure process standardization
- Set priorities and manages multiple deadlines, completed assignments are reviewed on an as-needed basis
- Provide coaching or assistance in the development plans of others
- Develop cohesive working relationships with co-workers and external customers/suppliers to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks requiring their involvement and support
- Bachelor's Degree holder (Accounting or Finance related)
- Strong academic performance
- Proven leadership skills
- Excellent communication ability (written and spoken)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Relevant experience in accounting and finance, greater length of exposure and experience in these disciplines will be considered advantageous
- Project management or audit experience
- Strong Tax background
- Excellent knowledge in using PowerApps Tools
- Demonstrated people skills
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.