Skills: Petroleum Engineering, Production Engineering, Reservoir Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Brisbane, Australia
If you're a Production Support Engineer with experience in providing excellent engineering service, then this is an opportunity to develop your technical skills whilst working for an industry leader.
What's the role?
The Production Support Engineer is a key role in our QGC Asset based in Brisbane. In this role, you will be accountable for the safe delivery of production in their respective region. You will be responsible in delivering the production forecasting volumes, aligning the field priority and setting the rig schedule to achieve production targets.
Some of the key deliverables and responsibilities of this role are:
- Act as an interface between field operations and Brisbane functions, through daily production calls, regular site visits and adhoc communication
- Daily proactive monitoring and analysis of wells and gathering to identify, and action, any integrity, reliability or production issues
- End to end well intervention (E2E WI) process. Specifically, the
- Diagnosis and confirmation of root causes for artificial lift (PCP) system failures
- Assessment of economic viability of well intervention
- Design of replacement artificial lift system, including liaising with Area PTs where a deviation from standard catalogue is recommended
- Operational parameters for return to service
- Directing individual well artificial lift system operation to maximise gas rate and minimise failures i.e. FBHP optimisation
- Monitoring pressures and flows across the entire Production System to deliver Optimisation (PSO) within current constraints
- Proactive identification and management of medium term threats and opportunities to wellsite and gathering operation through established Shell processes e.g. Management of Change, OPEX & CAPEX requests
- Maintenance of well management attributes that drive prioritisation of maintenance and operational activities e.g. short term well forecast
- Act as an Operational input and support to subsurface/developments trials, data gathering and reviews (e.g. reservoir and well reviews)
- Proactively maintain and develop close working relationships with the various working groups in QGC
- The incumbent is expected to contribute to the short term (0-90 days) production activities and support the ICE team in surveillance activities for QGC fields in accordance with Shell standards and guidelines.
Your interest in working for Shell Australia is the first step towards a great career that focuses on securing an energy future for generations to come. Shell Australia can offer you a platform from which you can propel your career and work on projects as diverse as the game-changing Prelude FLNG, industry-leading QGC project in Queensland, or our range of upstream exploration and development opportunities. Shell has been in Australia since 1901. Today Shell Australia is focused largely in the upstream sector, especially in the exploration, development and production of liquefied natural gas (LNG) and oil.
The candidate we are therefore seeking for this position, will have:
- A tertiary qualification (Bachelor or higher degree) in Petroleum, Chemical, Mechanical, or other technical related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in a technical position such as, but not limited to Production Operations, Well Engineering, Process Engineering, Production Technology or Reservoir Engineering.
- Relevant industry experience with demonstrated skills and competencies
- Exhibits good communication skills & willingness to learn quickly.
- Capable integrator, experienced with delivering in a collaborative team environment.
- High commitment to safety and environment.
Your outstanding communication skills and ability to work with others will foster collaboration with core business areas to provide an engineering service that will ensure continuous production optimisation. Your excellent time management skills, drive for results through motivating others and a solid understanding of the requirements will guarantee your success in this role.
If you have these skills, relevant qualifications, competencies related to the petroleum, gas and energy sector, we would love to hear from you.
Aboriginal candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
At Shell we believe that every individual has something valuable to offer. We understand that the more diverse the workforce, the wider the variety of ideas we bring to the table. Shell values diversity and offers: flexible work schedules, work and family programs, health and wellness programs, employee networks and mentoring, plus great training and development
The successful candidate should be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video