Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Maintenance Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Make a difference
If you're a Maintenance Engineer with experience in the Oil and Gas industry, then this role is a chance to develop your technical skills whilst working for an industry leader.
What's the role?
The Mechanical Maintenance Engineer will be expected to provide specialist expertise and support to ensure continuous improvement in maintenance strategies, cost performance, integrity performance, sparing and technical data integrity. You will interface with all functions to ensure maintenance improvement and applications of standards and strategies ensuring Technical Integrity is in accordance with the best practices and HSSE standards to meet business targets.
Some of the key deliverables and responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- Support the documentation of maintenance execution and assurance activities effectively with discipline expertise.
- Work with Engineering to set maintenance strategy for the discipline in close consultation with Technical Authority and Reliability Engineers on HSSE critical and production equipment in line with Global Manage Equipment Care(MEC)requirements.
- Support the monitoring and development of equipment care plans to support MEC goals.
- Regularly review HSSE critical and all maintenance data quality in the CMMS and drive improvements.
- Continuously improve the maintenance and integrity data within the CMMS and supporting systems including Bills of Materials, material masters, Work Instructions, Job Plans etc.
- Provide technical query support including the provision of reactive obsolescence management, technical bulletin responses, and purchasing technical query resolution.
- Work with engineering to support the application of MEC and Reliability Centered Maintenance within the business.
- To provide a linkage between front line and engineering as required.
- Liaise with Operation and relevant Technical Authorities in line with Global requirement on Management of Change.
Your interest in working for Shell Australia is the first step towards a great career that focuses on securing an energy future for generations to come. Shell Australia can offer you a platform from which you can propel your career and work on projects as diverse as the game-changing Prelude FLNG, industry-leading QGC project in Queensland, or our range of upstream exploration and development opportunities. Shell has been in Australia since 1901. Today Shell Australia is focused largely in the upstream sector, especially in the exploration, development and production of liquefied natural gas (LNG) and oil.
What we need from you:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Demonstrated experience in the oil and gas industry, focused on operations and maintenance.
- Demonstrated experience in reliability/integrity assurance, as well as maintenance engineering execution.
- Knowledgeable in API standards.
- Has proficiency in spare management and Computerised Maintenance Management Systems.
- High level computing skills - Microsoft Office, and engineering maintenance systems for plant and equipment.
Aboriginal candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
At Shell we believe that every individual has something valuable to offer. We understand that the more diverse the workforce, the wider the variety of ideas we bring to the table. Shell values diversity and offers: flexible work schedules, work and family programs, health and wellness programs, employee networks and mentoring, plus great training and development
The successful candidate should be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video