Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Make a difference
If you're a QA/QC Engineer with experience in ensuring quality engineering services, then this is an opportunity to develop your technical skills whilst working for an industry leader.
What's the role?
The Crux QA/QC Engineer will be responsible to assist the Project QA/QC Lead in implementing and administrating the Project Quality Plan. You will be working with contractors to ensure that the design, procurement, and installation meet the not normally manned intent of the Crux project and that all the learnings have been captured accordingly.
This role is part of the team responsible for delivering the Crux facility to the asset in accordance with the project drivers which is goal zero in personal safety & health, demonstrate process safety in ALARP while maintaining Shell's reputation and priorities.
Reporting to the QA/QC Lead, the key accountability of this role is the capability to have independent ways of working and possess efficient communications and clear team interfaces across locations and work fronts.
Some of the key deliverables and responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- Assist in the implementation of quality assurance and control system
- Ensure that quality management system is functioning effectively and consistently in accordance with the project execution plan
- Coordinate verification reviews and audits and compile quality measurements and QA/QC activities reports
- Support project team in solving common technical and operational problems linked to quality during execute phase
- Develop, implement, coordinate and monitor/track the status of the project's quality learning and lessons learned / Learnings exercises, and quality audit program, non-conformance programs, and audit findings.
Your interest in working for Shell Australia is the first step towards a great career that focuses on securing an energy future for generations to come. Shell Australia can offer you a platform from which you can propel your career and work on projects as diverse as the game-changing Prelude FLNG, industry-leading QGC project in Queensland, or our range of upstream exploration and development opportunities. Shell has been in Australia since 1901. Today Shell Australia is focused largely in the upstream sector, especially in the exploration, development and production of liquefied natural gas (LNG) and oil.
What we need from you
- A tertiary qualification (Bachelor or higher degree) in Engineering or experienced based equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in the oil and gas industry
- Demonstrated experience with quality system
- Demonstrated experience in one of the engineering disciplines is preferred
- Experienced in project management processes and controls experience in a quality role
- Experience in project design, procurement, and construction engineering principles and practices
- Experience in working with HSSE management standards and guidelines, contract holder management requirements and general regulatory regimes including familiarity with Classification schemes
- Experience in the application of industry standards (API, AWS, etc) and international standards (SOLAS, etc.), ISO 9001, ISO 29001 and familiar with ISO 14001
- Demonstrated experience as a qualified Lead Quality Auditor
Aboriginal candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
At Shell we believe that every individual has something valuable to offer. We understand that the more diverse the workforce, the wider the variety of ideas we bring to the table. Shell values diversity and offers: flexible work schedules, work and family programs, health and wellness programs, employee networks and mentoring, plus great training and development
The successful candidate should be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video