Skills: Student / Recent Grad
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: El Segundo, California, United States
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Actively support Health, Environment, and Safety processes by accomplishing daily activities within applicable regulations and policies, carrying out duties in an environmentally conscious manner, following safe operating practices as described in the Managing Safe Work and Operational Excellence Management System, and Chevron Way Behaviors.
- Partner with local Subject Matter Experts (SME) and Mentor to reinforce training and strengthen competency.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Candidates must have completed an Associate of Science or Certificate program from a verified Process Technology Program prior to beginning the internship program.
- Must provide proof of Process Technology program completion status in the applicant's online profile.
- Must have a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Basic knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and an aptitude for learning new software applications.
- Ability and willingness to work day and night shift work, weekends and holidays based on the assigned work schedule.
- Must have a valid Driver's License
- Ability to successfully complete a post-offer/pre-placement drug and alcohol screening, background check, physical, functional capacity examination, as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
- Graduate of Los Angeles Trade Technical College, Coast Line Community College or Energy Pathways Process Technology Program.
- Familiarity with reliability efforts for a variety of safety, environmental and process related issues.
- Familiar with Inside and/or Outside Machinist & Operator competencies.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse team of coworkers, contractors, and internal and external customers.
- Strong academic performance, communication, leadership, teamwork, and problem solving skills.
If selected to participate in the Pre-employment testing process with Chevron, you will be required to take the following battery of tests:
Industrial Information Test
• Measures the ability to read, understand and use information in graphs, charts, tables, and written passages to solve problems.
Mechanical Aptitude Assessment
• Measures the ability to apply general mechanical principles to understand and solve problem situations.
Workplace Attitude and Behavior Inventory
• Measures personal characteristics important to success in the job applied for.
You will be immediately directed to the testing portal upon submittal of your application, at which point you will have 72 hours to complete the on-line assessment. The duration of the assessment is approximately 2 hours. The assessment can also be accessed from your Chevron profile under "Job Management" or via the link sent to your email.
Your assessment score will be valid for 365 days from the day you complete your on-line assessment.
Chevron's tests are focused on industrial aptitudes. However, ASVAB test preparation guides may be able to assist in preparation for these tests. Candidates should focus on mechanical aptitude, reading comprehension, understanding information in tables and graphs, and understanding industrial math.
Relocation benefits are not included.
Additional Application Instructions:
Please submit your resume and unofficial Transcript(s) for review.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at email@example.com .
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.