Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Buffalo, New York, United States
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
Check out this movie short showcasing our amazing laboratory located in Amherst, NY!
Provide technical support to internal and external clients through physical and analytical testing/consultation. Conduct laboratory testing on consumer products to evaluate samples on own merit, comparison studies and/or national/international regulations. Provide technical consultation to clients regarding test data, product regulations/requirements and product development.
Major Roles & Responsibilities
- Offer problem resolution, as applicable, for any client issues identified, highlighted or questioned with the aim of enhancing client satisfaction and improving client relations.
- Understand and interpret standards for appropriate test methods, providing direction to staff and client, as required.
- Reviews contract requirements prior to testing in order to assure adherence to client requirements and/or coordinates testing between labs (As applicable per lab practices).
- Evaluate products submitted for testing for quality / safety issues, providing direction to staff, as required. Conduct limited research for new testing services and standards.
- Prepare a variety of samples for testing using prescribed testing methods following testing standards / specifications, as required, as complexity warrants (As applicable per lab practices).
- Conducts testing or analyzes a variety of consumer products samples for basic bench analysis and analytical instrumentation using prescribed testing methods following testing standards / specifications appropriate to the sample, as required, as complexity warrants.
- Follows the guidelines set forth in the Bureau Veritas Consumer Products Services, Inc Quality Manual and Safety procedures applicable to site.
- Accurately record test data.
- Evaluate test results data, as required. Provide direction to clients relating to other BV lab information, as applicable.
- Train temporary employees on sample preparation method, as required.
- Assist with department testing in other areas, providing direction to techs, as required and applicable to site.
- Prepares and reviews written technical reports and invoices, as required and applicable.
- Perform final review and interpret data / reports, providing direction, as required. Perform critical error review. (As applicable per lab practices).
- Organizes and monitors workload to meet or exceed laboratory turn around time and client expectations.
- Prepares written communication to internal and external clients regarding administrative and technical issues, providing direction as needed.
- Interface with staff members internally and at other locations on interpretations and to ensure global consistency, providing direction to staff, as needed.
- Write, train, implement and update lab procedures, test protocols, and technical procedures, providing direction as needed.
- Calibrate, operate, and maintain testing equipment, maintain supplies, lab cleanliness and analytical instrumentation, as required.
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve technical issues, providing direction to other lab personnel.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of current regulations and products to be tested.
- Make recommendations to clients for testing and inspections in a limited scope.
- Provide technical opinions / recommendations / interpretations pertaining to compliance, requests, testing issues directly to clients or other BV locations.
- Prepares quotes with client services, assisting with identifying appropriate standards / protocols for testing, as required. Assists with quotes, presentations and calls to clients in a limited scope.
- Other duties as defined by supervisor/manager, department needs and workload.
- Adhere to the requirements of the BV-CPS Quality System and assist with the implementation and maintenance of the Laboratory Quality System.
- Provide feedback to department Manager regarding departmental systems, processes and recommendations for improvements.
- Provide technical support to analysts/technicians/external clients.
- Provide technical training to technicians and temporary staff.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Creativity, initiative, and independence in solving problems and developing methods
- Strong written and verbal communications skills including the ability to communicate effectively in a group setting, with colleagues and clients
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet or exceed deadlines
- Individual and Team work ethic
- Proficiency with Windows, Word & Excel
- Ability to critically evaluate data
- Technical problem solving and process improvement skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of and ability to interpret and explain applicable regulations, standards, and protocols
- Ability to mentor and instruct co-workers through direction and example
- Knowledge of statistical analysis tools a plus
Experience and Educational Background Required for the Job
Associate Product Chemist:
- 4 year science degree; or
- 2 year science degree and 2-3 years related experience
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.