Skills: Oil Terminal / Storage Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: British Columbia, Canada
If you're highly ambitious, safety-conscious, and thrive in complex and uncertain situations, then this role is for you. It will help you grow and develop in a business that encourages both personal and professional development where you'll be part of dynamic diverse team.
Working in our oil refineries, our petrochemical plants, onshore and offshore production fields, and other operations, a career in Operations and Maintenance at Shell is one right at the front line of the company's activities.Where you fit in
Operations and Maintenance jobs at Shell are essential to the ongoing successes of the company. In one of our Operations roles you will be part of a growing team that is tasked with the safe and efficient day-to-day operation of our global projects and assets.Who we're looking for
Shell Canada is looking to fill a Terminal operator position. This position will be based in Burmount Burnaby Terminal.
- Oversee daily operations of terminal facilities including loading rack and tank farm activities
- Coordinate and execute product receipts via pipeline and truck
- Perform daily inspections and routine maintenance as per Terminal Operating Procedures
- Onsite supervision of drivers and maintenance contractors through effective leadership and communication
- Comply and enforce HSSE standards and procedures including PPE for personnel, drivers and contractors
- Manage Permit to Work system including confined space entry, control of electrostatic hazards and working at heights, including task observations
- Conduct product testing and quality control for pipeline and tanks
- Daily reconciliation of product inventories including transaction and documentation of product movement and analysis of loss/gain variances
- Troubleshoot and resolve computer software/hardware issues
- Liaison with internal/external stakeholders as required to maximize terminal reliability
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In Canada, we have operated for over a century and are a major producer and marketer of oil, gas and petrochemicals, Canada's largest producer of sulphur and a significant oil sands developer. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future.
Who we're looking for
- Must be legally entitled to work full time in Canada
- Must possess a Grade 12 diploma (or equivalent)
- Mechanical competencies/aptitude required, journey level certificate an asset
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office applications, SAP and process control via HMI experience an asset.
- Must be a self-starter and dedicated team member.
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi task and respond to time constraints and deadlines.
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills
- Experience in an industrial environment
- Must possess a current valid driver's license
- Must be able to work outdoors in inclement weather
- Must be willing and able to climb tanks, climb ladders, walk up and down stairs and work at heights
- Able to work 4 x 12-hour shifts (2 day/2 night), 4 days off
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends, holidays and be on call to respond to emergencies
- Using safe lifting techniques, be able to lift 20 kg form ground to waist level
- Shell strives to eliminate or minimize health and a safety risk associated with its business activities and is committed to providing a safe workplace for all workers. A condition of employment for this position is a pre-placement medical assessment of your fitness for duty, background check and pre-site access testing for alcohol and specified drugs.
Shell offers an exceptional benefits program that includes competitive savings, retirement, and healthcare plans that you can customize to meet your individual needs. Educational and physical fitness financial assistance programs our also offered as part of the benefits package. Shell Scotford is a continuous learning environment that encourages you to augment your skills and capabilities. Scotford employees are encouraged to join Employee Networks which provide forums for sharing information and ideas, enhance employee's individual development, career progression and communication with other Shell employees in Alberta. Scotford employees are encouraged to join Employee Networks which provide forums for sharing information and ideas, enhance employee's individual development, career progression and communication with other Shell employees. The following Networks are available to Scotford employees: InNET (Indigenous employee network), Shell Women's Network and our New Professionals Network. New Scotford employees are encouraged to utilize Shell's Buddy system which will help you settle into your new role by providing support and a friendly face that explains "how we do things around here."
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video