BP has embarked on an ambitious plan to modernize and transform using digital technologies to drive efficiency, effective and new business models.
The Agile Coaching Service provides Agile Coaches to BP IT&S to help teams and individuals adopt agile methods and practices and help them rethink how they work together in order to create high performing teams that deliver excellent value Products and Services to their customers.
An Agile Coach is required to work within the Agile Coaching Service to provide support to a variety of teams to improve delivery and further BPs' agile transformation journey.
You are an enthusiastic individual who will function as an Agile Coaching Lead. You are fully accountable for the delivery of Agile coaching to several IT Services and Programmes. You will have extensive experience in Agile methodologies and possess a coaching mindset. Training and development will be provided to enhance your existing Agile and coaching knowledge and skills. Key Accountabilities:Team
: Developing the capability of our people to deliver the most agile and cost-effective solutions is one of your top priorities. Our culture is exploring, thinking and doing, and you will live this every single day. Working across teams you will identify, assess and manage risks that may affect the success of agile projects. Relationships:
You will build strong relationships with other business and IT teams to motivate and support the adoption of Agile across the organisation.
The role requires ability to influence and inspire change in a positive and impactful way. Agile:
You will promote the use of appropriate Agile techniques, methodologies and tools and provide training, coaching, mentoring and best practice guidance in the implementation of Agile and the adoption of an Agile mindset. Collaboratively, you will develop and enhance coaching, training and support materials to ensure efficient IT Services' delivery. You will maintain alignment and quality of Agile coaching activities to the strategic Agile coaching direction while making recommendations to enhance effectiveness towards a business result or strategic intent. Technology
: You will build awareness of internal and external technology developments, managing the delivery of process and system improvements, identifying and implementing continuous improvement plans for and ensuring best practice is shared across the team. Safety and Compliance:
Safety of our people and our customers is our highest priority. We will advocate and help ensure our architectures, designs and processes enhance a culture of operational safety and improve our digital security.Essential Criteria:
- Degree Level education or equivalent required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Prince 2 accreditation required.
- Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Master or Scrum.org certified Professional Scrum Master
- ICAgile Certified Professional Agile Coaching or Scrum Alliance Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC).
- An understanding of different Agile and lean approaches and supporting context, such as:
- Agile behaviours
- Agile project governance
- Agile process
- Fostering a collaborative culture
- Scrum, Kanban, Lean, XP
- Inspiration for change. You will inspire change, in culture and behaviours, at all levels of IT and the business, while remaining comfortable to being challenged, and have the enthusiasm and tenacity to obtain successful outcomes.
- Scrum master expertise. You will have a thorough understanding of Scrum and have experience of performing a Scrum Master role.
- Knowledge of Agile tools and Metrics.
- You will be comfortable in facilitating and training individuals and teams to a high standard.
- Significant experience in people management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Coaching Expertise. You will understand the core coaching principles and skills required to enable change and will be able to demonstrate these skills to a high level.
- Project Management
- Change Management
- Methods and Tools
- Performance Management
- Benefits Management
- Relationship Management
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Service Acceptance
Leadership and EQ:
- Project and Product Delivery
- You always empower people - encouraging positive team morale and ensuring that every team member with expertise has the power to make decisions, at the lowest possible level.
- You always get the basics right, from quality development conversations to recognition and ongoing performance feedback. You can develop, coach, mentor and inspire others.
- You comply with BP's Code of Conduct and ensure your team does too. You also demonstrate strong leadership of BP's Leadership Expectations and Values & Behaviours.
- You create an environment where people listen and can speak openly about the good, the bad, and the ugly, so that everyone can understand and learn.
- You embrace a culture of change and agility, evolving continuously, adapting to our changing world.
- You are an effective team player, naturally looking beyond your own area/organizational boundaries to consider the bigger picture and/or perspective of others, and building trust-based relationships with leaders and employees across IT&S and BP.
- You are self-aware and seek input from others on your impact and effectiveness.
- You apply judgment and common sense at scale - you use insight and good judgment to deliver commercially sound, efficient and pragmatic decisions and solutions and to respond to situations as they arise.
- Cultural fluency - you operate across cultural boundaries with sensitivity.
- Provide ongoing feedback to your employee tree, both formally and informally, with the aim of supporting their performance and development within the Chapter
- Coach and mentor to help build domain experience amongst peers
- Be responsible for Chapter member's personal development and the management of performance reviews
- Contribute to relevant supply and demand conversations, to adequately staff squads with appropriately skilled employees
- Assess candidates as part of the Talent Acquisition process, interviewing to identify future IT&S talent
- Sharing knowledge (cross-pollination) between Chapter members that can be utilised by various Squads