The Pumper is responsible for monitoring, assessing, and communicating the daily operations of Water Solutions facilities and pipelines. This position travels to multiple salt water disposals (SWD) to ensure optimal functionality of pumps and other equipment, and to capture and report on relevent data. In addition, the Pumper troubleshoots and makes minor repairs.
Overall, the Pumper is a key owner in ensuring fully operational SWDs, pipelines, and equipment and minimal downtown.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors and communicates with the Manager of Field Operations daily, via electronic mail and verbal reporting, on system conditions, high priority system operations issues, and other pertinent information:
- Proactively assesses and relays replacement parts and equipment necessary for facilities, to minimize down time in the case of emergency repairs or required maintenance.
- Identifies and promptly communicates issues which require escalation, or could cause interruption to facility operations.
- Generates daily reports for each facility, tracking incoming and outgoing volumes and oil sales.
- Works continuously to maximize oil recovery and subsequent sales.
- Audits facilities and troubleshoots issues as needed, keeping facilities safe, efficient, and fully operational.
- Evaluates and logs process conditions and components.
- Coordinates with Operations team for maintenance of injection wells.
- Troubleshoots equipment and recommends modifications to address changing volumes.
- Records well PSIs daily.
- Cleans/replaces bag filters daily or as needed.
- Makes rounds to multiple facilities daily, ensuring proper operations of truck offloads and disposal equipment.
- Coordinates and assists with field equipment repairs.
- Reports and leads cleanup and repairs of leaks or spills.
- Complies with government agency rules, regulations, and laws.
- Adheres to all Company and Water Solutions policies.
- Demonstrates 100% commitment to working safely at all times:
- Complies with OSHA requirements, and follows all customer and NGL Water Solutions safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Reports and discusses safety concerns immediately with management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Physical presence at the job site is required.
Position Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Wide range of oilfield operations knowledge, including pipelines, pumps, and salt water disposal facilities.
- Mechanical aptitude, with troubleshooting skills and the ability to make minor repairs.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Critical thinking skills, including the ability to compile, assess, and synthesize data.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and ability to learn software and technical tools quickly.
- Efficiency and accuracy in data entry.
- Organizational skills.
- High initiative, with ability to work independently.
- Working knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements and compliance.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.
- Ability to be a positive representative of the Company both internally and externally.
- Ability to work with respect and cooperation at all times with fellow employees and customers.
- Must be committed to working safely at all times.
- Maintain a valid driver's license, and meet qualifications to drive Company vehicles.
- 4+ years of experience working in the oil and gas industry.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Requires a valid driver's license and ability to meet and maintain Company requirements for driving positions.
Frequent travel to assigned SWDs within an assigned region. Out of town travel limited. Requires the ability to travel to a variety of field locations, where environment may vary significantly, within a geographic region.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must frequently position, transport and/or move up to 50 or more pounds.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Stand; walk; move across large areas including uneven terrain, sometimes quickly;
- Be stationary for long periods of time;
- Work in confined or restrictive working spaces;
- Ascend stairs or ladders, work atop tanks, traverse metal walkways at heights;
- Balance with equipment and while moving large and/or heavy objects;
- Use fingers and/or hands to handle and feel;
- Reach with hands and arms above the head and to ground level;
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl or otherwise reach into confined spaces;
- Push and pull material and equipment from one place to another;
- Communicate with and exchange information verbally and in writing;
- Operate a motorized vehicle during the work shift;
- Move about in an office environment;
- Work using repetitive motion.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work requires physical efforts associated with using the computer and phones to access information.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is:
- Occasionally in an office environment.
- Occasionally exposed to work in high, precarious places.
- Regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat.
- Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, hand tools and small to medium-sized power tool use.
- Occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
- Regularly exposed to non-toxic propane fumes or airborne particles.
- Regularly exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
This position is required to be performed at the work site during regularly scheduled hours. Physical presence at the work site is required.
This job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide the incumbent with a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.